Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Euro Map licence status
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Euro Map licence status

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abou27
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Euro Map licence status Reply with quote

Hi there,

My Navman icn510 bought a couple of years ago came supplied with UK&Ireland maps. On checking my registration details via Navman site, it tells me that the following products are currently licensed to me:

NAVMAN Map Only CD European Edition (xxxxx...)
SmartST iCN510 European Edition (xxxxx...)

Does this mean that if I had the European maps on cd, the key I have would unlock them?

Thanks for any help.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Euro Map licence status Reply with quote

Abou27 wrote:
Hi there,
My Navman icn510 bought a couple of years ago came supplied with UK&Ireland maps. On checking my registration details via Navman site, it tells me that the following products are currently licensed to me:
NAVMAN Map Only CD European Edition (xxxxx...)
SmartST iCN510 European Edition (xxxxx...)
Does this mean that if I had the European maps on cd, the key I have would unlock them?
Thanks for any help.

Welcome to the Forum...

Sorry you have had to wait for a response. I had an iCN510 and it idid it's job well. I seem to remember that it came with a couple of discs from which I was able to load the European maps. Have you got such a disc? If so when you load SmartST desktop, click a european country and see if you can load it - the desktop software should prompt you to load the disc with the extra mapping on it. I think it is a matter of trial and error.
Also, I don't think I had to load any CD registration key.........jut popped in the disc and loaded the mapping.
Sorry that's not very helpful as it is some time ago that I had that device.
A quick phone call to Navman should answer the question, though.

If you have to buy the maps, then you would probably find a better model pre-loaded with european maps at about the same price or less as buying european maps...
Abou27
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. That's what I'm asking myself at the moment - will I just buy another satnav (maybe the navman s70) or try and acquire second hand discs? The discs I got just have the UK and Ireland but hovering over other European countries shows 'maps available from Navman'. I'm not going to pay £100 pounds for maps if I can get a new machine with them for £130 but am wondering if second-hand ones will work given my apparent license status?

I'll have to give it some thought.

Cheers.
Gee-Pee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abou27 wrote:
Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. That's what I'm asking myself at the moment - will I just buy another satnav (maybe the navman s70) or try and acquire second hand discs? The discs I got just have the UK and Ireland but hovering over other European countries shows 'maps available from Navman'. I'm not going to pay £100 pounds for maps if I can get a new machine with them for £130 but am wondering if second-hand ones will work given my apparent license status?

I'll have to give it some thought.

Cheers.

If you shop around for one of the S70 models (there's more than one!), register it before the end of January and you will get a free 2009 mapping upgrade worth about £70, next year. In fact that applies to all the S range models. ;-)

If you can afford the outlay, then that is quite a good deal.
Abou27
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice GP. Helped give the little push and excuse I was looking for to upgrade my sat-nav. Laughing

Have ordered an S90. Got it for £140 - lots of careful checking of cheap suppliers required, though. Many have a wee bit of small print declaring them to be 'factory re-packed'. Not necessarily a bad thing but not very obvious and looks like they are selling brand, spanking new ones. Confused

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: