Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Safety Camera Icon Sets Available - 44x44 Pixel Options
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Safety Camera Icon Sets Available - 44x44 Pixel Options
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pushandpull wrote:

So we're getting there. However, on my 700 when I plot a route all Icons in the area covered are displayed. Does the 920T work differently - though I don't see why it should!

My TT's only seem to show a "selection" of the icons/categories, and I've never seen any particular logic behind which ones it shows.
For example, with all the speed-zoned set of PGPSW cameras set to show, looking at my 720 screen just now, zoomed out to show most of London, I'm only seeing the Mobile 20, 30 and 40 icons.
Zoom in closer and I progresively get them all.

If I specifically want to see any PARTICULAR POI group, I un-tick all the other categories temporarily. Annoying , but I've just learnt to live with it, and I don't seem to remember my Go300 being any different.
pushandpull
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My TT's only seem to show a "selection" of the icons/categories, and I've never seen any particular logic behind which ones it shows.
For example, with all the speed-zoned set of PGPSW cameras set to show, looking at my 720 screen just now, zoomed out to show most of London, I'm only seeing the Mobile 20, 30 and 40 icons.
Zoom in closer and I progresively get them all.

Well, having just purchased the 920T I'm obviously comparing it to my old 700 and looking for differences.
Logically I suppose this is a better way of displaying them as if I plot a route through Gtr Manchester (on the 700) it becomes such a mess of Icons you can hardly see the route!
As long as it displays properly en-route that's all that matters really, which I'll find out when I road-test it for the first time later on.

Incidentally I downgraded the software from 7v480 to 7v221. I now notice that when I connect to TTHome I'm no longer offered the upgrade to 7v480. Could this mean that TT have actually withdrawn 7v480?

.....Ken
[/quote]

TT940 Live TTG920T, TTG700, TTG Classic, Nuvi1410
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC there is some logic to this, the number of icons that can be displayed on screen in browse map view has a fixed upper limit. The farther you zoom out the more icons could potentially be displayed which would cause a performance hit as well as map clutter.

As with the issue when you exceed the number of POIs installed, the icons it chooses to show when you reach the limit is random as far as I can tell!
shadamehr
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pushandpull wrote:
Incidentally I downgraded the software from 7v480 to 7v221. I now notice that when I connect to TTHome I'm no longer offered the upgrade to 7v480. Could this mean that TT have actually withdrawn 7v480?

.....Ken

Sadly, I'm still being offered it here, so it seems they've not pulled it.

Oh well, roll on the next working version.
pushandpull
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess what?
Put my new 920T into the car today for the first time for a test run and lo and behold all the Icons are appearing correctly!

Thanks for your comments Darren. Makes sense of course. As for the randomness of selection of icons it has to be that way as TT has no idea of which ones you consider the most important I suppose.

Will be testing the TMC tomorrow. The egg has 4v00.013 moulded on it and the same number of the paper tag on the aerial, which I understand is supposed to be the latest version.

After that I intend looking at Active Mounts as I don't fancy continually plugging/unplugging things.

.....Ken

TT940 Live TTG920T, TTG700, TTG Classic, Nuvi1410
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pushandpull wrote:
One question though - is it allowable to use the 24(UK) icons with the 44(European) Icons? I love the fact that you've put the mph/kmh conversion on them but consider the 24(European) too small to read the conversion (my eyesight again!) but with the above configuration I could get the warning from the 24(UK) Icon and read the conversion on the flashing 44(European one.)

Not entirely sure what you are asking. Embarassed You can use any set with any other set and rename them if you need to. I only provide the icons, not the rules. It is advisable not to mix the speeds up though. Rolling Eyes Wink

The 24px with conversions are pretty much obsolete if you can use the 44px. Previously, the 24px would be expanded to make the alert icon. On the map itself, the conversion was never really able to be seen.

If I understand correctly, I would suggest using the 24px icons without conversions for the map etc and the 44px ones with the conversions for the alert. Where speed limits are in mph (eg UK), use the UK sets and where they are in km/h, use the EUR sets.

The UK sets with conversions to km/h were added on request for Euro drivers to use when visiting the UK. I would not expect UK drivers to need/want to see the km/h conversions (there, that's my view on metricating the speed limits. Smile ).

Enjoy the testing.
Brodit ProClip mount
TigerJay
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navman S50 looks good with 24x24 size icons!
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TigerJay wrote:
Navman S50 looks good with 24x24 size icons!

Thanks, I've updated the compatibility table to indicate that.
weko
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:31 am    Post subject: 44px CamIcons not working with TomTomNavcore8.3(maps v8.15)? Reply with quote

GerryC wrote:
pushandpull wrote:
One question though - is it allowable to use the 24(UK) icons with the 44(European) Icons? I love the fact that you've put the mph/kmh conversion on them but consider the 24(European) too small to read the conversion (my eyesight again!) but with the above configuration I could get the warning from the 24(UK) Icon and read the conversion on the flashing 44(European one.)

Not entirely sure what you are asking. Embarassed You can use any set with any other set and rename them if you need to. I only provide the icons, not the rules. It is advisable not to mix the speeds up though. Rolling Eyes Wink

The 24px with conversions are pretty much obsolete if you can use the 44px. Previously, the 24px would be expanded to make the alert icon. On the map itself, the conversion was never really able to be seen.

If I understand correctly, I would suggest using the 24px icons without conversions for the map etc and the 44px ones with the conversions for the alert. Where speed limits are in mph (eg UK), use the UK sets and where they are in km/h, use the EUR sets.

The UK sets with conversions to km/h were added on request for Euro drivers to use when visiting the UK. I would not expect UK drivers to need/want to see the km/h conversions (there, that's my view on metricating the speed limits. Smile ).

Enjoy the testing.

Hi GerryC

When I used Navcore 8.10 (with map 8.05) the improved notification icons at the left top corner were excellent and as big as the QuickMenu Icon on my TT Go 920T.
Now I have recently upgraded to Navcore 8.30 (with map 8.15) and the big icons became half of the size. I tried downloading them again and installing them, but no result. While driving I cannot even recognise the numbers on them.
Could you give me a clue as to how to solve it or shall I just wait for the next update of the icons?
Thank you very much. Keep up the good work.
Bets regards,

Weko
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: 44px CamIcons not working with TomTomNavcore8.3(maps v8. Reply with quote

weko wrote:
When I used Navcore 8.10 (with map 8.05) the improved notification icons at the left top corner were excellent and as big as the QuickMenu Icon on my TT Go 920T.
Now I have recently upgraded to Navcore 8.30 (with map 8.15) and the big icons became half of the size. I tried downloading them again and installing them, but no result. While driving I cannot even recognise the numbers on them.
Could you give me a clue as to how to solve it or shall I just wait for the next update of the icons?

Please see here.

You need the 44x44 pixel icons, these have been tested and do work in 8.3 but are slightly smaller owing to how TomTom now display POI icons.
weko
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: 44px CamIcons not working with TomTomNavcore8.3(maps v8. Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
You need the 44x44 pixel icons, these have been tested and do work in 8.3 but are slightly smaller owing to how TomTom now display POI icons.

Hi Darren

Thanks for your quick reply. I am using 44x44 pixel icons and that is why I asked for your advice. Now when you explained that it is because of Navcore 8.30 I know I cannot do anything to have them in a size as they were whith Navcore 8.10.
I will get used to them but it is a shame that they are smaller anyway. TomTom screwed it up! Evil or Very Mad On top of that there is no FM transmission for voice navigation. Evil or Very Mad On the other hand I have to admit the new navcore is more stable and quicker so I can live with it Smile
Thanks again. Best regs,
Weko
mayor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: PROBLEM with icons showing as RED SQUARES Reply with quote

Brilliant job on the icons

regards and thank you

Mayor.

Last edited by mayor on Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You shouldn't be re-naming any files at all, the x2 bmp files are used to suplement the normal icons, you should have both bmp files and the ov2 file in the map folder, and the names MUST match.

Just download a fresh set of camera files from the site and put them straight into the map folder with no re-naming of any files - Mike
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: PROBLEM with icons showing as RED SQUARES Reply with quote

mayor wrote:
Brilliant job on the icons

regards and thank you

Mayor.
I take it that you actually asked a question that Mike then answered? Editing out the question means that someone else who had the same problem can not now learn from your experience. Please don't edit posts other than to correct a factual error or to tone down comments.

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
beeney
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: icons and voice alerts Reply with quote

hi i have a navman 520 will the voice alerts and camera icons work on this model or is it trial and error thanks kev

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 11 of 14

Jump to: