Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - HP 4150 switching itself on and off constantly
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

HP 4150 switching itself on and off constantly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerry
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 12:22 pm    Post subject: HP 4150 switching itself on and off constantly Reply with quote

HP4150 switching itself on?

Hi. I have an HP 4150 that keeps switching itself on approximatlely every ten minutes, it stays on for about ten seconds then goes off. A friend said it was a known issue with active synch but he doesn't know what the exact problem is. I have been through all the settings I can find and it still does it. It is a pain mainly because it is using about 50% of the battery if left for four days. Any help would be appreciated.

Jerry.
jerry.ann@btinternet.com
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be that you've got mobile schedule synchronisation on - in ActiveSync on the Pocket PC, select Tools, Options... and make sure that there's no tick in the box next to "Use mobile schedule to synchronise with this PC" on the PC tab.

Another possible culprit is iPAQ Backup if your 4150 has that program - the periodic wake-up to check battery status has sometimes caused problems. I've not noticed a similar issue with Sprite Backup 3.0.0 installed, which replaces the wake up code from iPAQ Backup with its own (iPAQ Backup was written by Sprite). If you have iPAQ Backup in your device, you can upgrade to the full Sprite Backup Premium Edition very cheaply - and I find Sprite Backup Premium Edition very useful.

You can't stop Pocket PCs waking up to process various events - though every ten minutes does sound rather excessive. It's also the case that the battery is required to keep the RAM powered up (the main memory on a Pocket PC is RAM, which requires power to keep its contents intact).

Is there any reason you can't leave the Pocket PC on charge when you're not using it?

David
Redwatch
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: SD Memory Problems Reply with quote

Hello DavidW,
I am not having the same problem. Could you help please. It will not load the map onto the SD memory one is a Panasonic 128MB and the other is a EagleTec 128MB turbo.Have you heard of any solution and why did it would for the first two weeks. I have tried them back in the Camera and they work fine. Or could you please pass me on to some one that nows about these thing. michael@jealm.fsnet.co.uk
Redwatch
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 10:31 pm    Post subject: SD Memory Problems Reply with quote

Sorry The iPAQ 4150 will not load the maps on to my two SD memory cards.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's better to start a new thread for a different problem - and even better still to search the forums to see if you can find the answer you're looking for already.

All that said, have a look at this post which hopefully contains a work-round for you.

David
Redwatch
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello DavidW

Thanks very much for the info it was most helpful. Just to put things right I did search first and this is the only place with HP iPAQ h4150 in its text. I will start new thread next time. Embarassed Again I would like to thank you very much for your help and the work you do. I would be up a gum tree with out your help. Thumbs Up

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: