Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Orbit XDA ll 9/10..... Co-Pilot 2/10 !!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Orbit XDA ll 9/10..... Co-Pilot 2/10 !!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DingleRoad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Orbit XDA ll 9/10..... Co-Pilot 2/10 !! Reply with quote

Got the Co-Pilot with my new orbit. The Orbit is great but I'm afraid my view on Co-Pilot is Censored !

I don't like it's routing options, the menus are'nt user friendly, you can't get rid of their POI's and put on the ones from this site and the speed cameras work so arbitarily , that I no longer trust them. The only thing I like about CPL is their customer support.

I really loved Tom Tom, but with no chance of TT7 or future support for this phone it's not an option.

Anybody using something other than TT or CPL on a smart phone that they really like ?

Admin Edit: Disguised Swearing Edit - PaulB2005
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can use the camera database from this site. and also the poi's thought the poi handleing isnt very good. have tried to set up a custom route profile this should improve the routing. the camera warning sytem is different to the one in tomtom give a bit of time and get used to using it for a few weeks

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
DingleRoad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply.

I've put on the cameras from this site. Sometimes they appear, sometimes they don't and the the audio warning is really hit and miss.

When I had my TT, I downloaded petrol stations and ATMs from this site. These are are really the only POIs I want and it worked well. Unfortunatley with CPL you can't get rid of their POI's, so if you want Petrol stations from this site you have to put up with double petrol stations.
gardenshed
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try putting mc guider on it instead, there is a post on here about it, use the search function. I will be using it on my new pda when it arrives. Seen it as low as 37 notes on the inta webby
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gardenshed wrote:
try putting mc guider on it instead, there is a post on here about it, use the search function.

I have to agree, recently I have tried the latest offering from Route 66 and it is nothing short of useless, no custom POI support and the customer support is inadequate (read non existent).

I don't like the Co-Pilot interface or the slow feel the menu commands seem to have, I guess I could get used to it, but I gave up. Excellent customer support, but having tried the application on a couple of PDA phones it isn't for me.

I-Go, too much in way of screen clutter, and no way to move the application to a larger memory card.

TomTom, well if they ever decide to release version 7 it might be worth considering at a price, otherwise you are paying for very out of date mapping.

McGuider, it seems to do everything I want from a navigation application, very simple and intuitive interface, with sufficient control of screen clutter - it simply works, I have tried this on the MWg unit and my Orbit-II, it is fine on either device, it will even install and run on Nokia devices from the same card. AND you get the chance to move the application to a larger memory card if you want to - Mike
DingleRoad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK thanks , Mc Guider it is then !

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: