Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Changing the speed
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Changing the speed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Advanced GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjdj1689
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Changing the speed Reply with quote

I have the 930 tom tom and on some of the roads where I live there are no speeds on some of the A roads ie 40 onstead of 35/60 as it appears on the tom tom screen etc.

I have used the map correction in the menus and put the A roads to 60 mph etc but a mile up the road the road might change to a 30 mph speed for a lttle while, ie Newcastle road is 3 miles longs and it changes to 30 mph for half a mile when I go in to the menus and it says edit the speed for the road where I am now it just wont change that section it changes the whole 3 mile road to 30 mph instead of just that half a mile , is there anyway I can just change that half a mile to 30 mph ?????

And some map corrections I have downloaded the speed of that road is say 30 mph but with the map corrections I have downloaded it says the road is 29 mph , so i try to edit the road to 30 mph and it keeps it on 29 mph or it goes to 31mph when I have clearly tyed in 30 mph ??? I do have the lastest software for the 930 also.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This MapShare "feature" is probably best left well alone until TomTom can work out a way to convert KPH to MPH correctly, used in the UK all this facility will do is degrade the actual map data accuracy from that supplied, enter 30MPH and you get 29, simple mathematics, but as we are not aligned to the European standards what chance do we have?

The last UK specific problem took some 12 months to resolve so please don't hold you breath - Mike
mjdj1689
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx so being tom tom you cant just change the speed for just part of the road , crazy.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The device does allow you to change part of a road, but in practice this doesn't work too well, have a read through This which shows it can be done, I just don't think it is worth using until they sort out the speed error otherwise you will mess up your map - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Advanced GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: