Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Dead Artemis - any use and a replacement.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Dead Artemis - any use and a replacement.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rogertb
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Dead Artemis - any use and a replacement. Reply with quote

Hi chaps - my Artemis seems to have died. Is the sat nav (tomtom) software worth anything, can I install it on anything else, maybe a smartphone ? I'm just a bit sad to be throwing away so much money anything rescued would be good. thanks for taking the time. Roger
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can activate your map on another device as long as 7 days have elapsed from the intial activation, after this you must wait 6 months before you can activate it again - activation is a combination of the Product code (which is on the plastic credit card the map was supplied with), the Device Code (which the device will generate during activations) and the activation code (which you get by entering the two previous codes in to the www.ttcode.com web site).

If you want to use the SmartPhone software then you will have an issue with the map version you have as TTN6 doesn't support MS based SmartPhones, what device are you thinking of putting it on, also what is wrong with the Artermis - have you tried a new battery or different charger lead eyt? - Mike
rogertb
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike - as ever an excellent comprehensive and helpful response. I've tried a new lead and am hoping to get a battery off a pal at the weekend. If it doesn't work I'll have to look at something fairly cheap - I can't afford to get another Artemis that's why I was hoping to find, maybe, a smart phone or similar. I guess it will mean spending the weekend surfing the internet and reading lots of reviews - it'll probably rain so no loss there ! Regards Roger
rogertb
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike - as ever an excellent comprehensive and helpful response. I've tried a new lead and am hoping to get a battery off a pal at the weekend. If it doesn't work I'll have to look at something fairly cheap - I can't afford to get another Artemis that's why I was hoping to find, maybe, a smart phone or similar. I guess it will mean spending the weekend surfing the internet and reading lots of reviews - it'll probably rain so no loss there ! Regards Roger
theripper
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you actually tried talking to HTC service centre in Milton Keynes to try to repair it. I know that if its a t-mobile version it hs a 2 year warranty because my wifes has just had to go back. They can be contacted on 0845 8900079.

theripper
rogertb
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks theripper - I'll give that a try - this is one of the rare purchases from ebay that have gone bad so no guarantee - so I think the repair costs will be more than the value but it will be worth a phone call. best Roger

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: