Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Can I use OS SD card on my PC?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Can I use OS SD card on my PC?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrisgad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject: Can I use OS SD card on my PC? Reply with quote

Is there a way to display the OS map I've bought for my Active 10 on my notebook PC - which has an SD Card slot. Having paid £100, I'd like best use of it, including the really large screen for route plotting.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really as the card is intended for use only with the active10. - Mike
robs1972
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Can I use OS SD card on my PC? Reply with quote

chrisgad wrote:
Is there a way to display the OS map I've bought for my Active 10 on my notebook PC - which has an SD Card slot. Having paid £100, I'd like best use of it, including the really large screen for route plotting.

Satmap said they will be making an online planner available to registered customers (one day....) but being able to use the mapping you paid £99 for would be much easier.
AlexPerry
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Satmap said they will be making an online planner available to registered customers (one day....) but being able to use the mapping you paid £99 for would be much easier.

But when I spoke to them apparently it will (at least initialy) only have 1:50,000 scale maps available for planning - using your own maps would be much better but I guess that as soon as they made them transferable everybody would start swapping them rather than buying and OS might get unhappy.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex, You can swap a map card as the data is locked to the card it is supplied on, you cannot copy a card so I doubt there is any issue with that part as far as OS goes, the licence fee has been paid for the map data on the card.
An active10 as supplied only has the base map installed which is a far less detailed map than 50K would provide. Unless you purchase the device with full 50K mapping, or at least the area you use regularly for walking. - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: