Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 1.16 Update
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

1.16 Update
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robs1972
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostMike wrote:

I also have suffered a couple of lock ups. One requiring battery removal one when it just got so slow I gave up and switched off and removed the batteries. I wonder if it has anything to do with going first to the satellite tracking screen. When I'm indoors trying to just review maps it seems to be doing its nut trying to lock onto un-see able satellites.

Lockups were a feature prior to v1.16 too, so I doubt it's owt to do with the satelite screen first.
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As at 1st April I finally received the 1.16 update, lI hope its a big improvement and not an April fool.

I have yet to try it out, particularly to see if it will find satellites quicker and keeping a lock on them which was my greatest problem.

I have noticed one odd thing, the battery bars went down from four to three bars whilst playing with it, where it stayed for a while before flickering back up to four bars, then it kept moving between three to four bars.
The battery sensor must now be extremely sensitive.
HTC Advantage X7500 MS 6.1 Tchart Speed Sentry
Satmap Active 10, Software v1.16
Fuzion 32 HUD Bluetooth GPS receiver
wphil
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my A10 at the outdoors show on the Saturday so it was loaded with 1.15. I was surprised to receive 1.16 in the post last week. I updated, it worked first time. I wish I'd stayed with 1.15 because I have had 3 complete lockups so far where there is no screen update and will not response to any button press including power off. Disconnect the battery is the only way out. It happens when flipping between screens, I haven't precisely worked it out yet but it seems to be when going from a screen to map by using the bottom left button (GPS position, I think). It does not happen repeatedly so I have not worked out the exact circumstances yet.

Anyone else had similar lockups?
robs1972
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My lockups, which have occured from October happen after 3-4 hours constant use and then another couple of hours later, it happens whilst I'm riding or sometimes I've been at a standstill but not whilst I've been touching any buttons...I've not used 1.16 out on the road yet.

In the original manual it said freezing was down to either a power issue or corrupt data and to take the batteries out and put them back in.

Hopefully a future firmware update will offer an option to turn off the Freeze lottery. Idea
michael100
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also got V 1.16 in the post loading no problem and yes it works as intended But I have lost the red snail trail ? Isuspect in resetting everthing in setup I may have done something. I have played with the soft keys on Trail; , Small trail , and no Trail to no avail
What the answer please ?
robs1972
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michael100 wrote:
I also got V 1.16 in the post loading no problem and yes it works as intended But I have lost the red snail trail ? Isuspect in resetting everthing in setup I may have done something. I have played with the soft keys on Trail; , Small trail , and no Trail to no avail
What the answer please ?

So you are out in the wiolds and it's not creating a snail trail? Or you had a trail on there and it's gone since you upgraded? The latter is normal.
michael100
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no it wont create a trail at all of either size red dots
Paul_ffitch
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Press 'start' on the trip log screen? I suspect if the trail /trip log hasn't been started, then no red dots will show, but I haven't checked this.
PloddinPedro
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michael100 wrote:
What the answer please ?
You should get the red dots (if you have not selected Trail Off) whether the Trip Log is running or not. Does it show the blue dot to indicate your present position?
michael100
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes have blue dot indicating position which works consistently well
michael100
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul_ffitch wrote:
Press 'start' on the trip log screen? I suspect if the trail /trip log hasn't been started, then no red dots will show, but I haven't checked this.

Thanks Paul that works . I did not think of looking in the trip log menu as the control for trail size , on /off is in the POI menu ? Satmap need to put a line in the user guide
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael, have a look at This Guide, read page 9 where there are notes about the track log function, the other 50 pages can make interesting reading to get the most from the device, and this guide is far more extensive than anything supplied with the device - Mike
Spendian68
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Update and map rotation Reply with quote

I got my update a week ago, I emailed satmap to ask when or how I got the update and they said they were sending them out in batches to all registered customers, I dont know if I got mine quicker because I emailed them but It will eventually arrive by itself. It seems to have made my Satmap a bit more responsive and a little easier and smoother to use.
As for the map rotation, I thought the update may have stuffed mine up which is why I came back to the forum to see if it anyone had had a similar situation. After reading this topic I tried switching off the advanced power. bliss, my maps rotate again. In advanced power mode the icon for north up stays the same, it apears not to allow the map rotation.

Satmap also said in the update information that future updates would be downloadable from the web site. perhaps this update does somethig that will allow satsync to do an update.
They also said that future map packs would also have the latest update software on them.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, switching to the advanced power save mode does indeed disable the track up map view, this is understandable though as constantly re-drawing the map screen as you move will consume processor power and obviously battery energy.

If you really need to conserve power think about switching this mode on, but for general day trips the device will outlast most walks on Energizer Lithium’s, or a full charge of its LiPol battery pack - Mike
robs1972
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Update and map rotation Reply with quote

Spendian68 wrote:

Satmap also said in the update information that future updates would be downloadable from the web site. perhaps this update does somethig that will allow satsync to do an update.
They also said that future map packs would also have the latest update software on them.

Knowing how hit and miss Satsunc is at transfering routes to the A10 I think I would rather have updates via SD card. Confused

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: