Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Custom Voice Alert Download Page Added
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Custom Voice Alert Download Page Added
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darrend
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: ok nearly there Reply with quote

hi all
thanks for your help.
blonde moment as some of the files were old ones as it didnt update all files- they joy of trying to do my updates when at work and answering phones!!!

ok i have now i believe managed to do all the redlight specs and all but the mobile possible ? one.

any ideas?
thanks
darren
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: ok nearly there Reply with quote

darrend wrote:

ok i have now i believe managed to do all the redlight specs and all but the mobile possible ? one.

any ideas?
thanks
darren

If you are missing any voice files for any camera types that didn't exist when the voice file was made, just use ANY of the files that "will do" (eg the one from the consolidated set) and rename it to match the file you want it for.
ernieb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Unable to select voices Reply with quote

Hi,

I think when I initialised the 520 I did not select the 'sound effect' on POI warning. How do I get back to that screen to reconfigure?

Cheers

Ernieb
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be able to just go through the "warn when near" set-up again. Unfortunately, you have to go through every page.

Change Preferences/Manage POIs/Warn when near POI/Pick each camera category in turn/click OK on the distance... then you should get to the sound selection pages.
ernieb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy_P2002,

You got me on track - I had not selected the 'computer voice' so was not getting that screen!

Thanks

ErnieB
chaddy07
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Problem Reply with quote

I'm using a tom tom one 3rd edition.
I've downloaded the consolidated speed cameras and also pocket gpsworld computer voice alerts.
I've put all the files in the folder where the map is.
Now only the red light light warning actually asks me first if i want to remove this warning first.
The others go straight to asking my when i want the warning to appear and then ask me to choose the sound ?????
Any help ?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just configure each POI category in turn, when the device asks "Is the sound you want to hear" simply press "Yes" and it will accept the ogg file, even though it doesn't play anything, it will certainly play the sound in demo mode or when you are out on the road - Mike
chaddy07
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red light camera goes to distance then do i want to select this sound (yes-no).
The others go distance then "select a warning sound", i don't get a "do i want to select this sound"
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the ogg audio files you downloaded match the camera POI files, if you use Speed Zoned make sure both the speed cameras AND ogg files are both from the Speed Zoned selection, the same applies for consolidated, only the RedLight warning will remain consistant through the database selections so I would think you have possibly installed Consolidated speed cameras mixed with Speed Zoned ogg audio warnings - Mike
sarge55
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: sound file application Reply with quote

O.K. so I downloaded the file for "consolidated by type" from http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/tomtom-ogg-files.php, and put it onto my storage card where the pocketgps OV2 files also reside.

I can see the POIs no problem, but when I try to change the POI to use the new sound files they are not there, all I get are the standard ones (Cow Bugle, Bells, Polite etc).

I am using Tom Tom on a Palm Treo running Windows PC version 5.0

What am I doing wrong?

Question
microvent
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Using with Tomtom Go 510 Reply with quote

You sya that the voices are for use with version 7 software well I have a TT510 with version & followed your instructions and still cannnot get thevoices to work
treetopbaz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: help with voices on version 7 TT Reply with quote

Hi - can anyone help please

My set up TT910 version 7.162 with West & Central Europe map v715/1703

the instructions for adding the Liz voices says
"Version 7 Note:
With the arrival of Version 7 there is a small bug that affects the procedure. You will be asked to choose a sound but will not be offered any options! You will be asked 'Is this the sound you want?'. You MUST answer Yes on this screen. If you do, you will then see the warning distance screen and can proceed as normal."

well the first lot did not do this just went through normal (that is distance set up before sound option came up) but all work ok
untill i got to redlight and the specs when i got to "is this the sound you want" i said yes and it went to setting the distance but when selected and then proceeding goes back to "is this the sound you want" then just bounces between these two options. you have to cancel to get out.

any help would be appreciated

Barrie
Treetopbaz
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: help with voices on version 7 TT Reply with quote

treetopbaz wrote:
Hi - can anyone help please

My set up TT910 version 7.162 with West & Central Europe map v715/1703

the instructions for adding the Liz voices says
"Version 7 Note:
With the arrival of Version 7 there is a small bug that affects the procedure. You will be asked to choose a sound but will not be offered any options! You will be asked 'Is this the sound you want?'. You MUST answer Yes on this screen. If you do, you will then see the warning distance screen and can proceed as normal."

well the first lot did not do this just went through normal (that is distance set up before sound option came up) but all work ok
untill i got to redlight and the specs when i got to "is this the sound you want" i said yes and it went to setting the distance but when selected and then proceeding goes back to "is this the sound you want" then just bounces between these two options. you have to cancel to get out.

any help would be appreciated

Barrie
Treetopbaz

Soft reset.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Using with Tomtom Go 510 Reply with quote

microvent wrote:
You sya that the voices are for use with version 7 software well I have a TT510 with version & followed your instructions and still cannnot get thevoices to work

Then you are doing something wrong! Best advice is to check you have the .ogg files in the map folder, they are the same set as your camera database type and then re-follow the guide step by step.
treetopbaz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Voices Reply with quote

Thanks Daren

the answer was so simple

thicko me

barrie

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 8 of 17

Jump to: