Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Geocaching with the A10
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Geocaching with the A10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrissyboy2241
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Geocaching with the A10 Reply with quote

Does anyone use their A10 for geocaching. I was told it was designed with the Geocacher in mind. Things have greatly improved now that I can upload all the caches into the machine using pocket queries and Satsync but I only get the name, location, owner, difficulty and type of cache. I was wondering if there is a way of uploading the description, the hint, and maybe a few of the most recent logs.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you thought about saving the locations on the device as POI, we will have to wait and see what the full POI capabilities of the device actually are later this year, but for now have a read from page 34 onwards in the user guide which can be found Here - Mike
chrissyboy2241
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the caches were straight from geocaching.com as gpx files and then loaded to the A10 through Satsync and are stored in the machine as POI's. And there are little things that dont work such as locate nearest, and it seems to go to the one that is nearest to my house and not to the one that I am nearest to at that moment in time.
foxprint
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Geocaching with the A10 Reply with quote

chrissyboy2241 wrote:
Does anyone use their A10 for Geocaching

I'm a new user of the A10, which is used for general rambling/walking and also for Geocaching. My previous GPS was a yellow eTrex, which provided only basic location information, but was used very successfully.

I bought the A10 as I wanted the OS mapping facilities and although expensive I've found it to be great for caching.

I run weekly pocket queries, which are loaded onto the A10. As it does not recognise the other data I require (such as cache details, clues, previous logs etc), I also load the queries onto a (relatively) old handspring Visor (using Smittyware's Cachemate software).

I've spoken to Richard at SATMAP and mentioned the 'additional' information in the Geocaching GPX files, and apparently it is on the list of things to do.

As an aside, I'm an avid Mac user and am keen to see the Mac version of the SatSYNC software. Until that appears, I utilise an old WindowsXP laptop to transfer information.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: