Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Global Positioning Systems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Global Positioning Systems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simannjo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 8:51 am    Post subject: Global Positioning Systems Reply with quote

Well, here’s my story…

I decided to buy a Sat Nav bundle from Global Positioning Systems (Spotlight Guides Ltd) on 29-4-04.
I received confirmation straight away and that some items are out of stock. I sent off an email asking for an anticipated delivery date and the communication goes something like this…

Me - When will the items be in stock?
Them - We are currently awaiting supplies and are chasing the manufacturer for a firm delivery date.
Me – A week or two months?
Them - The manufacturer have informed us that we will be receiving a delivery of the Navigator 3 in mid April. I hope this is convenient to you.

So far, so good.

I then asked if they were just waiting for the Nav 3, could I have the Pda sent and the other stuff put on back order? (Should have known not to complicate things)

After a week, no response.
I sent off another mail and got a reply asking if I still wanted the Pda. Yes I did.
No communication about possible problems.
After a couple of days I checked the order status online and was informed there was a payment problem. I then contacted Global Positioning Systems by phone and spent half an hour trying to get through. When I did get through, I was told by the very nice and polite man that he hadn’t seen that error code before and would get someone to ring me the next day. No-one did.
I spent another 25 minutes on the phone chasing things up the next day and was told it was due to me having to pay for the whole bundle up front.
No problem, I had told them I was prepared to do this in the email requesting the Pda be sent on its own!

Bright and early the next day (Saturday) a package arrived…
A nice shiny new HP iPAQ 5500… Laughing
I had ordered a HP iPAQ 2210… Crying or Very sad
I had been delivered someone elses order which had my orders’ sticker on the packaging. In the package was the other persons invoice with email and contact details Exclamation
I spent 10 minutes this time (Saturday morning first thing) getting through and another very nice man informed me I would be contacted Monday morning.
No one did… :x

Monday afternoon I again spent half an hour getting through and I was told by a very nice lady I would receive my Pda the next day and would I be kind enough to send the wrong order back with a prepaid bag that would be in my package. (After a trip to a Post Office).

Everything arrived as it should and I duly went down to the post office to be informed I would have to pay additional postage costs because the prepaid bag is only up to 1kg and this package was 1.41kg…nice one.
I paid as it was better than spending time on the phone.

At this point I had had enough and sent emails to the director and dispatch manager stating my dismay. I asked for confirmation when they received the iPAQ 5500.
(I still haven’t had it).

I received a reply from the director stating…

‘Thanks for your email the contents of which are noted and will be addressed.
It is true to say that we have been experiencing some 'growing pains' but please be assured we are rigorously and vigorously addressing these matters.
Look forward to being of service. ‘

Brush off?

As it is now, I am still waiting for the rest of my order (TomTom 3, TomTom Bluetooth GPS, TomTom Carkit) and have had no communication from anyone at Global Positioning Systems in a week.
This is outrages and stinks.
I expected a delay of a couple of weeks and can understand a delay that is out of their hands. But the catalogue of mistakes and poor communication means Global Positioning Systems will unlikely ‘be of service’ again.

I accept my ‘unusual’ order requirements may be the cause of the difficulties, but the service received is no justification.
All of the above is a true account of my experience with Global Positioning Systems and is no way exaggerated.

Be warned!
:|
simon pitts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Simon,

I am extremely concerned that the issues you previously raised with me have not been resolved. Something seems to have gone very wrong here. Please be assured that this is not typical and allow me to personally restore your faith in our company.

Unfortunately, I am unable to give you an update on the status of your order until I return to the office after this Bank Holiday weekend. However, the issues you raise WILL be addressed first thing Tuesday morning and I will call you then (if not before).

Simon Pitts
Director
Spotlight Guides Ltd

simon.pitts@spotlightguides.co.uk
Clarkey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was surprised to read this as my own experience of Global Positioning Systems was much better. I ordered a PDA/GPS bundle but there was a payment problem because I had given the wrong code number from the back of my (rather worn and hard to read) credit card. I received an e-mail informing me there was a problem and was able to telephone and give the correct number all the same day and in time for me to receive the order next day before 9am.

Hopefully the problems highlighted above are a one off and will be resolved promptly. Please let us know how it goes.
Razer
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive just recieved great service from globalpositioningsystems. I ordered my complete setup Tuesday morning, with next day delivery before 12. 1hour later i had my confirmation email, and the parcels were delivered at 6.15am!!!! the next morning to my work address, luckily there was somebody there!

Great service, keep it up
Simannjo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Response Reply with quote

After intervention by Simon Pitts, the order with GlobalPositioningSystems has been fulfilled.
Thumbs Up
An apology was offered, it has been accepeted and after assurances, I am prepared to believe all of the issues previously mentioned were not the norm.

It is a shame it took the intervention of Simon, but at least he was prepared to do so and even on a bank holday!

A lot of people have very good things to say about GlobalPositioningSystems and they did get there in the end.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: