Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Camera Base for HP5550
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Camera Base for HP5550

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alec
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Camera Base for HP5550 Reply with quote

Please can you tell me why the camera base wont show up on my Ipaq
I,m using the same software (Navigator 1) I used to load my old 3630 which works fine but when I go into the 5550 properties screen and on to the POI screen no camera shows up or tick box and of course there are no camera,s on the map
Is it the fact that on the HP5550 there is a different version of Active Sync, Pocket Pc 2003 and updated ROM? Have you any experiance of this problem also

I loaded Checkpoint 2.00 with a problem in that after setting it up correctly, once in to the map the you cant go anywhere else such as the calender you go onto the calender for a second but then it takes you back to the map
Hope you can help
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no differences in the 5550 or ActiveSync that could cause this. Can you confirm that in the Map Folder on you 5550 you have a PocketGPS_UK_SC.ov2 and PocketGPS_UK_SC.bmp file?
alec
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no they dont they have the exact wording you stated they show as follows

pocketgps_uk_SC AND NOT pocketGPS_UK_SC.ov2

pocketgps_uk_SC AND NOT pocketGPS_UK_SC.bmp

regards
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect you may have finished up installing a version of Navigator 1 so old that it lacks plug in POI support completely. You needed either 1.40 or 1.50 for POI files to work - I can't remember which. The fact that your file extensions are not set to display in Windows Explorer is immaterial - the files are on your storage card.

If you have no POI support in Navigator, that won't stop programs like CheckPOInt working, though you can't display POIs on the map.

In addition, Navigator 1 is not supported under Pocket PC 2003 - but it will probably work.

Navigator 1 version 1.53 can be got from the TomTom Support site - select TomTom Navigator as the product and search for Navigator 1 - you can get a download link that way. I would install a more recent version of GPS, though - 2.07 would be a good choice.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: