Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - No Mapshare updates since....
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

No Mapshare updates since....
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LesMiserable
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: No Mapshare updates since.... Reply with quote

I upgraded to home 2.2, I thought it was strange so I removed the correction NOT made by myself. The tried to update again still none ? Yet another smooth transaction between tomtom products. Sad
GPS v1.21 Boot 5.5022
TT Home v 2.7.6.2056
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have no mapshare updates but that was the same just before upgrading yesterday. Tried today using both 2.2 and 2.1 and there's no updates from either. Mad
Brodit ProClip mount
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably a silly question... You are logged in are you?
I thought Home v2.1 kept me logged in, but with this one I have to do it every time.
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
I thought Home v2.1 kept me logged in, but with this one I have to do it every time.

Home has always logged me in automatically when I turn on the 720 in it's cradle and select internal memory, just tried it again and another tiny MapShare update, top right hand box now showing 46,212 MapShare connections in use.

Thinking about the automatic login, it could be because I run with a Static IP address on the PC it always uses the same IP regardless.
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
Probably a silly question...

Yes, I get past that bit. Very Happy It even lists that I can download an old map version (less than 12months since bought) though, interestingly, not the current one that's on the device.

It is just Mapshare updates that are not available ("No updates").

Voices etc are also offered in the relevant sections. Actually, the TTS voice options isn't greyed out like a lot of other options though no voices are available - is this populated at present for those with TTS devices?
Brodit ProClip mount
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK... done a bit of digging.
Try this:

1. Connect the TT to the PC
2. Close TT home and open the file browser for the device
3. Browse the Western_and_Central_Europe folder (you might have to enable viewing of hidden files"
4. Rename these two files Western_and_Central_Europe.mid", "Western_and_Central_Europe.mms" to .old or something.
5. Eject the unit and let it reboot
6. Do a reset and switch on the unit.
7. Re-connect it to the PC and start up TT home
8. Click on Update my device
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, apparently the above info is now out of date as v7 maps do not have mid and mms files any more.
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried again just now and they are downloading s...l...o...w...l...y. Now appears in the top section along with the unwanted map instead of it's own section at the bottom (where sending my updates through still is). Very Happy
Brodit ProClip mount
if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GerryC wrote:
Tried again just now and they are downloading s...l...o...w...l...y. Now appears in the top section along with the unwanted map instead of it's own section at the bottom (where sending my updates through still is). Very Happy

I noticed this also Gerry. Have posted about it in the 2.2 post. Also noted about everything where the green loading bar appears is very slow. Sad
GO 510 (in drawer now, time for upgrade)
LesMiserable
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Result at last Very Happy prepares the TT servers couldn't cope with everyone downloading home2.2 Rolling Eyes
GPS v1.21 Boot 5.5022
TT Home v 2.7.6.2056
Bug
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Map Share update problem Reply with quote

Map Share update problem.

I have been unable to ever update my TTG 910 using Map Share.

Following is a long history of all the things I have tried in order to attempt to get it working!

My GO910 had been running App 6.525 for a while and my laptop and PC had Home 2.1.2.121. In order to meet the requirements to take advantage of Map Share, I updated the GO910 to App 7.162 on 31Dec07 then shortly after on 1Jan2008 downloaded and updated the map from 6.50 to 710.

Because the GO910 has a 20GB hard drive and plenty of free space Home was able to simply install the updated map over the top of my existing map and all my settings such as PGPSW Speed Camera POIs and warnings continued to work as before.

I have followed the instructions in Home and enabled Map Share in the device and ticked all the boxes to allow "Corrections verified by TomTom, trusted sources, many and some" etc.

When I connect my TTG 910 to my PC, Home shows "Your map is 21 weeks out of date 13365 free Map Share corrections waiting".

If I click "Update my GO" I am only ever offered a QuickGPSfix update, which I am able to download and install on a daily basis.

I have followed the advice in a PGPSW thread to remove any potential corrupt Map Share files. (In Home click Tools - TomTom Map Share - Remove Corrections, selected both boxes & clicked Done). The GO was then restarted but with no luck. I have also resorted to the reset button, but still no help.

On the Go the Western_and_Central_Europe map folder doesn't contain any of the Map Share files (MapServerPatch.dat, ServerLineIndex.dat or ServerNameIndex.dat) other than MapUserPatch.dat which I assume contains my own map corrections.

In Home under Tools - TomTom Map Share - Map Share Preferences, the Select countries list is empty. Could anyone else please confirm what they have listed in here?

The Select POI categories tab has all 64 items selected. I have tried unselecting them all but it didn't help.

On 30Jan08 I updated Home on my laptop to 2.2.0.33 but it didnn't make any difference. I have so far left my PC running Home 2.1.2.121. I have downloaded Home 2.2.1.58 but have so far resisted installing it due to negative feedback about it from others.

I haven't fully uninstalled & reinstalled Home on either my laptop or PC because Home appears to do everything else ok and I have the same symptoms on both systems. So I would be surprised if they both failed to work due to the same reason. Maybe there is a corrupt file somewhere which I have yet to find.

I have tried disabling my AV software but that didn't help either.

I have tried doing the update at different times of the day and late at night.

Am I missing something simple or is there really a problem somewhere with my setup? Does anyone please know of anything else that I can try before I have pulled all my hair out?

Any help would be much appreciated.

TTG 910 App 7.162
Map Western and Central Europe 7.10.1561
TT Home 2.2.0.33
Windows XP Pro + SP2
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Map Share update problem Reply with quote

Bug wrote:
In Home under Tools - TomTom Map Share - Map Share Preferences, the Select countries list is empty. Could anyone else please confirm what they have listed in here?
It will only populate if you click the Continue Button, then wait for ever, but it will eventually show the countries list for the current Map.

I have never seen the problems that you are having so am not able to give definitive answers. Sad

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Bug
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: Map Share update problem Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
Bug wrote:
It will only populate if you click the Continue Button, then wait for ever, but it will eventually show the countries list for the current Map.

I have never seen the problems that you are having so am not able to give definitive answers. Sad

The continue button? On the Map Share Preferences page I only have Cancel & Done buttons but neither produce a list of countries.
tyfaenor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had exactly the same problem as described above with the 7.10 map telling me it was weeks out of date and it wouldn't download the shares.
I don't how Andyp2002 found it, but his suggestions worked for me:

3. Browse the Western_and_Central_Europe folder (you might have to enable viewing of hidden files"
4. Rename these two files Western_and_Central_Europe.mid", "Western_and_Central_Europe.mms" to .old or something.
8. It automatically Updated my device.

The main screen now tells me I have 57243 corrections in use. I guess this is right, as I clicked all of the options to update previously. However, I can now see all of the Western Europe countries with updates against them in the Mapshare preferences. Very Happy

On the basis of it worked fine for me (I had upgraded to 7.10), try the above, as recommended. Respect to Andy Not Worthy
Bug
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyfaenor wrote:
I have had exactly the same problem as described above with the 7.10 map telling me it was weeks out of date and it wouldn't download the shares.
I don't how Andyp2002 found it, but his suggestions worked for me:

8. It automatically Updated my device.

The main screen now tells me I have 57243 corrections in use. I guess this is right, as I clicked all of the options to update previously. However, I can now see all of the Western Europe countries with updates against them in the Mapshare preferences. Very Happy

On the basis of it worked fine for me (I had upgraded to 7.10), try the above, as recommended. Respect to Andy Not Worthy

Thank you tyfaenor for your post. I have now followed Andyp2002 instructions (which I now wish I had done several hours ago!) and I have been able to download the Map Share updates. The Map Share Preferences now shows the list of countries and Home tells me I have 57438 corrections in use. Very Happy

The 3 dat files are now present in my map folder and the two files Western_and_Central_Europe.mid & Western_and_Central_Europe.mms which I renamed to .old have stayed renamed so I guess they are no longer required for the 7.10 map.

Is there an easy way to view the corrections on the map or do I have to just zoom in, scroll around and hope I come across some? Confused

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: