Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Need help understanding checkpoint!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help understanding checkpoint!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RichT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:51 am    Post subject: Need help understanding checkpoint! Reply with quote

Can anyone help me to understand how checkpoint works. I have downloaded and installed checkpoint ver. 2.0.2. And have copied the camera database into the map storage location. I have set up checkpoint as described in your instructions. When i click on overlay settings, it sees two ov2 files. (checkPOInt.ov2 and POCKETGPS_UK_SC.ov2. If i click properties of pocketgps....ov2, i can select first warning, speed warning etc, but how do i know what type of camera is being detected for assigning the .wav file? What is the other .ov2, and do i need to do anything with it?
I don't understand?!! I know i'm stupid! Please help..... How does this thing work? (Am using XDA2 with TTN2) Thanks. Confused
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PocketGPS_UK_SC.ov2 file contains our camera database. The CheckPOInt.ov2 file contains new camera locations recorded by you.

Althouth CheckPOInt can be configured with seperate alerts for different camera types and speed limits, our database does not currently hold this data and so as it stands you can't segment them in this way.

Currently you can assign a .wav file to alert you when you approach a camera site in our databse. If you record new locations then you will be asked to provide camera type and speed information. Over time we hope to collate this data and improve the database but it is a big job!
RichT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Thanks a lot. What about other poi's? Reply with quote

Thanks for your help on that. Now what about the other poi's that i have downloaded from your site. Such as Travel inn sites & Airports etc. Do they only flag up as you are passing them, or are you able to search the list and navigate to a particular poi? It would obviously be useful if you could select from a list and tell TTN2 to navigate to there! Please advise.
Thanks.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can navigate to or search any custom POI by selecting that POI in the list.
fysmd
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
You can navigate to or search any custom POI by selecting that POI in the list.

Is it possible to naviagate to a POI which is obtained with CheckPOInt from POIPlace? I like the idea of them synchronising but I'd also like to naviagte to a KFC for example...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use the sync service but so long as a POI is available in the Navigate to/POI option then I don't see why not although I would use a KFC POI to avoid the places ;)

When you choose 'Navigate To' then select POI, you should be able to choose any of the downloaded POIs regardless of how they were obtained, be it using a sync service or manual download.
fysmd
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah!

My Sync hadn't worked properly, I got the image files no no ov2's. Now they're all there and everything's as I expected/hoped it would be.
They all appear as POIs now and I can navigate to them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: