Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Any Uk retailers selling the new TT TMC receiver?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Any Uk retailers selling the new TT TMC receiver?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zzr1200
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Any Uk retailers selling the new TT TMC receiver? Reply with quote

Anybody know of any Uk retailers that have the revised TMC receiver in stock?
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, perhaps you missed the NEW VERSION tomtom RDS TMC reciever out yet? thread, but here's an example:

coastersteve wrote:
Our local Comet have them in. The box has completely changed too so don't go looking for the old style blister pack.

TT TMC receiver thread

Last edited by GPS_fan on Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beware though, there is a post there suggesting Comet are not selling the latest ones so be careful.
zzr1200
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't missed the thread about the new TMC receiver and that's exactly why I posted this question.

From reading that thread it's not clear that Comet are selling the new version and that's why I've posted this question.

Thanks anyway.
zzr1200
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've contacted Tomtom direct to ask if they are available and here is their reply:

Dear Mr XXXX,

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support.

We are afraid although the TMC receivers are available at our repair center, they are not available for sale.

Slowly you will start to see the new receivers sold by retailers, within a few weeks the new receiver will also be available on our website.

We have no confirmed date for this.

With Best Regards

The TomTom Customer Support Team
Customer 12/10/2007 10.00 AM
Hi,

I have a Tomtom 720 and am based in the UK. I have been told that you have recently started posting revised TMC receivers to people who have bought the older, non-wroking receiver.

Can you please tell me when you intend selling these newer receivers as i am very keen to buy one for my 720.
Thanks
jbennett
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I brought the new tomtom RDS TMC on Expansys. The picture of the device shows the old version but I gave them a ring and they ensured me it was the new version, just they didn't update the picture etc yet.

But if you really want the new one then check out their website and give them a ring, they will assure you it is the new device (.13)
Paul80
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got one from comet yesterday, took it back for replacement today.

TomTom would re-boot every 2 mins when using it.

So far the replcement has not given this problem.
Graeme2812
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed http://www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk asking if the version they were stocking was the new or old version, to which they replyed the old version. They did however point me in the direction of http://www.expansys.com/p.aspx?i=157232 for the new version.

What I can't understand is why there still selling the old version. To get rid of the old stock no doubt and have TT do the exchanges for them.

I've also found it at http://www.shop.bt.com/productview.aspx?quicklinx=4Q5F&CategorySelectedId=11035&InMerch=1 being the cheapest at £43.85.
DraySoft
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Latest RDS Receiver Received and Working Reply with quote

Hi All,

Just received my receiver from :-

http://www.activegps.co.uk/tomtom-one-3rd-edition-rds-tmc-traffic-receiver.htm

I have used it all afternoon, locked solid no problems, have TomTom got it right now?

Draysoft

TomTom Go 720
Graeme2812
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, now I'm confused......

I contacted tomtom regarding the new recivers....

I wrote....

"On 1st Nov 2007, you announced that a new RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver was available for England (I assume you mean the UK) yet did not give any details as to pricing or availability and as to where it could be purchased. Where and when can the new recivers be pruchased, and how can they be identified as being the new recivers and not the old problomatic ones?"

There reply.....

"Dear Mr *******,

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support

At this time the actual TMC receiver has not been released as a stand alone item. The only option for RDS-TMC at this time is the devices that come with it built in.
Once the TMC receiver is availalbe you can ensure that you purchase the correct one by checking the article number. The article number for the new receiver is 2V00.006

With Best Regards

The TomTom Customer Support Team."
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not surprised you are confused with an answer like that!

When they say the new receiver is supplied built in, they really mean it is enclosed within the box the nav unit is supplied it, the x20T and One Third Edition T boxes contain the new receiver -

IT IS NOT BUILT IN TO THE ACTUAL NAV UNIT.

The part number they quote is probably what will be on the box/ package when it is made available for sale (some retailers are stocking this so you have been given even more duff information) - the number attached to the actual device is the best guide to what you got, it is printed on a small label near the connector and ends with the numbers .013 - Mike
Graeme2812
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having read posts in regards to replys from tomtom on here, I did take there response with a pinch of salt. I had suspected the receiver would be included in the box. I was aware that there are some, and more recently a fair few more retailers starting to stock the new receivers.
What makes me laugh, and tom tom concerned (I would hope), is how can there official line be "...Reciver not released as a stand alone product..." yet more and more retailers are selling it!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graeme2812 wrote:
how can there official line be "...Reciver not released as a stand alone product..." yet more and more retailers are selling it!
ill informed stupidity sums it up quite well, this whole issue has been handled badly, multiple device part numbers are just a small part of this sorry saga, at last though we are getting an RDS-TMC device that works in most of the UK - it's certainly much better than the one I was messing around with 15 months ago - Mike
DraySoft
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: RDS Receiver .013 Reply with quote

Hi All,

My new unit worked correctley all yesterday afternoon - this morning my 720 resets its self after switch on with the receiver connected, I think TomTom have still got a long way to go with these units. It resets after about 2 mins.

The only difference is I did an update last night through 'Home 2'

Supplier is going to supply me with a replacement, they say they have not had this problem before.

I will keep you all informed about my progress.

Draysoft
DraySoft
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update as promised :-

Just before I packed the receiver up to send it back I tried it again and it worked, no resetting of my 720. Used it every day since in my 'white van' it has only reset the 720 once, just pressed the reset on the 720 and it has not done it since.

…but I have found another ‘feature’ now I can’t save anything if the receiver is connected, like a new POI, or save an inventory, I get a message in the top right hand corner ‘unable to store settings: File access error’. If the receiver is not connected, all works as it should.

Anyone else having the same problems?

Draysoft

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: