Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Hi everyone
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi everyone
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paula,

Despite your enthusiasm for the Drivesmart support site, i would stick with using the PGPSW database not any other.

I'm sure that Julien and his team are great people and wish them the best with picking up a product that has been heavily contaminted by Drive-Smart UK's bad attitude and non-existant sales backup, which has lost them many customers.
I still think we need to know exactly who they are and are any of their staff from Drive-Smart UK before we get excited.
Maybe Julian or one of his team can reply to this.

It doesn't take much to work out who has the best database, Drivesmart who have no backup from users or a forum, or PGPSW who are renown for an outstandingly accurate database, altered by users (forum members) on a daily basis and now the world's biggest speed camera site.

When the Drive-Smart database was working at its best (active forum input, which has now gone) i and many other users, didn't realise how useless it was, until we were forced to join this site and use the PGPSW database.

The DS database might be free, but you get what you pay for.

I feel that even one camera missing, or in the wrong place, or giving you the wrong speed limits when you most want the info, makes the entire DS unit worthless.
HTC Advantage X7500 MS 6.1 Tchart Speed Sentry
Satmap Active 10, Software v1.16
Fuzion 32 HUD Bluetooth GPS receiver
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We are the people who designed the DS products.

Sounds dodgy to me, as there has been faulty products that Drive-Smart UK couldn't get working and they boasted that THEY were the designers.

Who is speaking the truth here.

If the new Drivesmart support were the original designers they need to go back to the drawing board to find out why the pulsemaster and the Def2 never worked correctly, or refund buyers for products that didn't work.

Sounds like a new (cloaked) Drivesmart team at work here trying to regain their ****** up support.
PaulaThree
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guy,

Thank you for your kind information.

This is really interesting knowing all the history of the product and it's support.

I will give you a call.

Take care

Paula

GJF wrote:
Hi Paula,

Despite your enthusiasm for the Drivesmart support site, i would stick with using the PGPSW database not any other.

I'm sure that Julien and his team are great people and wish them the best with picking up a product that has been heavily contaminted by Drive-Smart UK's bad attitude and non-existant sales backup, which has lost them many customers.
I still think we need to know exactly who they are and are any of their staff from Drive-Smart UK before we get excited.
Maybe Julian or one of his team can reply to this.

It doesn't take much to work out who has the best database, Drivesmart who have no backup from users or a forum, or PGPSW who are renown for an outstandingly accurate database, altered by users (forum members) on a daily basis and now the world's biggest speed camera site.

When the Drive-Smart database was working at its best (active forum input, which has now gone) i and many other users, didn't realise how useless it was, until we were forced to join this site and use the PGPSW database.

The DS database might be free, but you get what you pay for.

I feel that even one camera missing, or in the wrong place, or giving you the wrong speed limits when you most want the info, makes the entire DS unit worthless.
PaulaThree
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again Guy,

So the Pulsemaster that fits under the front apron in conjunction with the DS is no good... Question

Paula

GJF wrote:
Quote:
We are the people who designed the DS products.

Sounds dodgy to me, as there has been faulty products that Drive-Smart UK couldn't get working and they boasted that THEY were the designers.

Who is speaking the truth here.

If the new Drivesmart support were the original designers they need to go back to the drawing board to find out why the pulsemaster and the Def2 never worked correctly, or refund buyers for products that didn't work.

Sounds like a new (cloaked) Drivesmart team at work here trying to regain their ****** up support.
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulaThree wrote:
.....So the Pulsemaster that fits under the front apron in conjunction with the DS is no good... Question

Paula

I originally bought two Pulsemasters, both of which caused problems.
The first had a fault in the wiring or joint that caused intermittent faults, when Drive-Smart uk were contacted they didn't have a clue as to how it was wired (and they were suposedly the designers) gave lots of BS and eventually i was helped out by a forum member as to how it was wired up, by this stage i had lost patience and threw it in the bin.

The second is on a Honda and is plagued by EMI problems, i have tried "shielding" cables, insulating wherever it touches to ground, adding ferrite rings and it still plays up.
Everytime the washers or horn goes off it states "Laser alert".
There are methods to change this on the settings, but it has to be altered so much it is debatable that the unit is any use, again when Drive-Smart uk were asked they didn't have any ideas of the answers.

If you have seen one on e-bay i wouldn't bother, if the Government come out with the new promised legislation, it will shortly be illegal anyway.
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Drivesmart update Reply with quote

PaulaThree wrote:
.............He replied as follows:

Yes that's us www.drivesmartsupport.com we have NOTHING to do with www.drive-smart.co.uk who were selling our designs.

We don't sell any products from that site, so Nuttynurse is incorrect. We just support the products from there and make new announcements eg. new products etc......

Paula

I find that strange Paula, on the drivesmartsupport.com site they have a link to the other site that they
Quote:
.........have NOTHING to do with

If you were washing your hands of the original Company and all it's staff, quoting that, Why would you advertise the other directly on your new site?

They may not be selling products directly from their site, but they are via the link!

The smell is getting stronger!
WLMOATE
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all just thought I would stop in and see what was happening. Drivesmartsupport???

Wayne (aka Mobilehacker)

MY-SOS, Benefon TWIG, DriveSmart, Wayfinder
PaulaThree
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya Guy,

Thanks for this info.... Smile

Will not bother with the Pulsemaster then.... Sad

In that case, surely the whole Drivesmart unit will be illegal in time as it picks up laser signals anyway Question

Nite

Paula

GJF wrote:
PaulaThree wrote:
.....So the Pulsemaster that fits under the front apron in conjunction with the DS is no good... Question

Paula

The first had a fault in the wiring or joint that caused intermittent faults, when Drive-Smart uk were contacted they didn't have a clue as to how it was wired (and they were suposedly the designers) gave lots of BS and eventually i was helped out by a forum member as to how it was wired up, by this stage i had lost patience and threw it in the bin.

The second is on a Honda and is plagued by EMI problems, i have tried "shielding" cables, insulating wherever it touches to ground, adding ferrite rings and it still plays up.
Everytime the washers or horn goes off it states "Laser alert".
There are methods to change this on the settings, but it has to be altered so much it is debatable that the unit is any use, again when Drive-Smart uk were asked they didn't have any ideas of the answers.

If you have seen one on e-bay i wouldn't bother, if the Government come out with the new promised legislation, it will shortly be illegal anyway.
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GJF wrote:
PaulaThree wrote:

Paula

The first had a fault in the wiring or joint that caused intermittent faults, ..............eventually i was helped out by a forum member as to how it was wired up......

Good to see you back Wayne.
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulaThree wrote:

In that case, surely the whole Drivesmart unit will be illegal in time as it picks up laser signals anyway Question

Nite

Paula

Technically, yes!

But i'm sure the laser diode detector can be removed easily.
WLMOATE
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The laser sensor can just be unplugged easily and removed from the unit . If you can hold a screwdriver then no problem!

MY-SOS, Benefon TWIG, DriveSmart, Wayfinder
PaulaThree
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Laughing

Nite

Paula

WLMOATE wrote:
The laser sensor can just be unplugged easily and removed from the unit . If you can hold a screwdriver then no problem!
PaulaThree
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Evening MaFt Reply with quote

Well, my next neighbour tried to get my DS working but I think I have been sold a faulty unit.

No wonder the guy on Ebay would only accept a cheque in payment from me and not PayPal.

We kept getting the message " Error connecting to Target ".

Maybe he was doing something wrong but I am sorely tempted now to accept that I have wasted £50 and will get a Road Angel Plus for Christmas ..... Sad

Nite

Paula

MaFt wrote:
Further to Darren's comments there is a guide here: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras-drivesmart.php

MaFt
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Evening MaFt Reply with quote

PaulaThree wrote:
Maybe he was doing something wrong but I am sorely tempted now to accept that I have wasted £50 and will get a Road Angel Plus for Christmas ..... Sad

Whoa, £229 for a simple GPS camera alert unit plus £3.99 per month for updates!

Why not get a TomTom ONE for £127.00 and continue to use our database? It's at least as good as Road Angel's and you get the benefit of our witty repartee, a decent navigation unit and save a bundle of cash!
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Darren.

The reason Paula can't get her DS working is because the link to the private loader on this PGPSW site which is required to install the software on her DS, has been removed.

I have a copy of it and have tried to e-mail it to Paula, but as yet not much success as the file seems too large for AOL, i will keep trying.

Is it legal for me to give you a copy, it was left by DS for us to use?

If i can send it to you, maybe you can redo the link so it downloads off of this site for other DS owners to use, without it the PGPSW database can't be installed.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: