Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT Rider Vs TT Rider 2 - What is the difference???
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT Rider Vs TT Rider 2 - What is the difference???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Motorcycle GPS Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TexasTDH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: TT Rider Vs TT Rider 2 - What is the difference??? Reply with quote

I've seen a few tomtom rider (v1) units on ebay (some BNIB) around the £200 mark... but I'm unsure whether it's worth paying extra to get the v2 version.

However I can't find a straight comparison anywhere so I don't know if they've fixed the wearing problems that occured with the mount on the v1 (which I think is the cause of the power problems and stuff isn't it? Not to mention the thing coming close to falling off every few miles).

Basically is it worth paying the extra for the v2... also does the v1 have an "avoid motorways" option? I'm pretty sure the v2 does but I'm not so sure about the original.

Oh and on another thought - has anyone tried using something like the Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970 Stereo Bluetooth Headset with Tomtom rider to overcome the noise problems? I've not got a pair myself but they look similar to my sennheiser cx300's which have these flexible rubber sleeves that block out a lot of external noise.
Tarby777
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the main differences are that the mount and the in-helmet speaker (both of which were - I believe - problematic on the v1 Rider) have been replaced by high-quality 3rd party components from Ram and Scala respectively.

HTH
Tarby
Lavareef
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to bump an old thread, but one thing you read a lot about in the Tomtom Rider reviews is the terrible on/off switch. I'm pleased to say that the switch in the new version is different, being round and depressable instead of inline with the case seal. It's a lot easier to press and I've had no issues with it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Motorcycle GPS Users All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: