Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 720 again. What is acceptable
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

720 again. What is acceptable
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outlander wrote:
Ok Andy I’ll put this as simply as I can for you. You can not rest your case as we are talking about something totally different from you. You see you were having a little knock at me as you are thinking that I was repeating a thread, I was not. OK enough said.

Yes, I was having a lighthearted little knock (hence the wink). However, as you seem unable or unwilling to work it out, I'll also spell it out slowly. it was NOT because I thought you were repeating a thread, simply that you had started yet another one and then went on to say they should all be collected together in one place.
Goodnight now.
Outlander
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy I also was just having a bit of a laugh with you and no offence was meant and if you really took it that way my apologies. Hence the ask Andy pic. Just my sense of hummer always gets me in trouble at work but it’s fun
Outlander
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just noticed the pic Ha Ha Ha. so you think thats funny. Very Happy
mikentl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read all the guff above and you will realise that this is exactly the reason we need a forum dedicated to 720/520 problems. Who wants to read all this when you have problems of your own and just want help Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Just in case anyone takes offence is is written in a light hearted manner Rolling Eyes
I don't mind reading all the posts, Its just the argumentative side of me wants to get in on it
mikentl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And another reason is I want to get rid of that damned beginner tag, so expect more Rolling Eyes
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, friends again Outlander? Love it
Shall we put our avatars back to normal now? Laughing
Outlander
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know how long it took me to learn how to get the right pixel size and you ask me to take it off.

Also my wife is telling me she told me so. I must admit she did say don’t get one yet as it wont work properly and when they do they’ll be cheaper. At least it’s over the phone as she away on business.

I would like to know how many people are putting up with the problems hoping a firmware update will cure it. I still don’t believe that the hands free problem is down to firmware. I am on my fourth unit now it’s the first to have a decent battery though I feel it could be better but still I get the buzzing.
Outlander
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just come of the phone with Tom Tom (now stay with me on this one Andy) Twisted Evil and have asked them about the buzzing problem. The guy I spoke to did not know of a problem with hands free. Well you can imagine my astonishment at hearing this. I suggested that may be he should not be working for the customer services department of this particular company then. See Andy see what you did, you got me in a fighting mood now.

Anyway the guy stayed calm and very polite, nice some of these Europeans arrant they. Ok He states that all the years he has worked for Tom Tom a problem as I described it has never turned out to be hardware, he feels it is the phones that people are using or the connection needs reconfiguring. He stated that I should D/L Home 1.6 D/L any updates then reconfigures the connection. Also turning off wireless data connection may help when making a call; well as the TNC thingy does not work hear this will be a bit of a palaver. If it still purists future firmware updates may help.
Well so now we all know. I for one must say thank you TOM TOM for clearing that up for us once and for all. What a load of B_LLUCKS
technik
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outlander wrote:
asked them about the buzzing problem. The guy I spoke to did not know of a problem with hands free.

Maybe the guy had only just started work at TT that day and was not fully trained.
More likely the 1st line support staff are trained not to admit any faults with TT products, and would refer your case to the 2nd line support, or ask to speak to a supervisor, to which the reply will be they are all out of the office on training today.

Don't see any point in calling TT support about what we already know. Rolling Eyes
mikeohope1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is the response I got from TT on the hands free thing.

"Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support.

Some 720 users are currently experiencing BT connectivity challenges.
This is currently under investigation and will be resolved in a future software update ,
We regret at this moment in time we can not offer you an immediate solution .

With Best Regards

The TomTom Customer Support Team"

Seems to me this accepts they have a problem. I don't think its new either as models previous to the 520/720 seem plagued with it as well. My local retailer was trying to make TT support understand what the problem with my unit was but they claimed they had not heard of any such issues. Then we told them about the email I received from TT support and they just said "Oh Right" please refund the customer. Speaks for itself I think!!!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: