Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigator 2 Map Errors
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigator 2 Map Errors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
typhoon29
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blimey a convert to Destinator3! haven't heard of that before :| , and here's me at present a Destinator3 user thinking of ditching it in favour of Tom Tom.... It's just so confusing Confused
MikeIB
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just noticed that Teleatlas provide a European (rather than American) form for reporting problems with their maps. I don't think the American form allowed you to specifically identify TomTom 2 as the software with the error but this form does. It also allow you to see the status of a request you've submitted. Maybe somewhere in this enormous topic someone else has provided the URL but in anycase, here it is:

http://www.teleatlas.com/template_feedback.jsp?ctype=support_feedback_pda&contentpage=EnterPDARequest.jsp
chris.hevey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave & Co: I prob would not have mentioned this otherwise but MikeIB raises a good point there - is there any way this software can be configured to allow a search within a topic? E.g. I made a post the other day re. the A421 Tingewick bypass, and being a dilligent sort of chap I opened every page and searched it with the browser's Edit / Search. Can't be ideal can it?

Anyway. Probably a waste of time now - Time to start a TTN3 data gripes topic!
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's called click on the search button at the top of the forum, then in the search for keywords box typing in "A421 Tingewick" without quotes and clicking search finds your post.
chris.hevey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right - That's the thing that searches all the topics in the forum if I understand it correctly. I meant confining the search to just one topic? Never mind though - that's a lot better than doing what I did before. (Although I just tried "M6 Toll"....)

Cheers Dave
Thumbs Up
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no way of doing this in most forums, but providing you know which message thread you're looking for, and you know what to search for, just open up the topic in another window and click EDIT | FIND and use IE/Netscape to search the page. If it goes onto multiple pages you'll need to search each page independently.
drummer
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M2: New Junction 2 & 3 Layout
A2: New Cobham Junction Layout (1st junction after end of M2)

The above were only completed in Summer 2003, so I wouldn't expect to see them on TT2. However, I don't think they will appear on TT3 either because they haven't even been updated on multimap.com or mystreetmap.com .

Luckily for me, I was a Surveyor on the construction of the above works so I should be able to navigate my way round them. (If not, I'd better start a new career Confused )
perlin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 6:13 pm    Post subject: Error report form Reply with quote

TeleAtalas actually also have another form for reporting errors:

http://www.teleatlas.dk/template_feedback.jsp?ctype=support_feedback_pda&contentpage=EnterPDARequest.jsp

I think this is more minded for PDA reports.
kjnpbr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Warrington Errors, and others. Reply with quote

Loads of errors noticed in Warrington:

TomTom does not route from Cromwell Ave. into Shackleton Close (where I live), but will go from Shackleton to Cromwell no problem. This is a two way street. 53.40487°N 2.62685°W

A section of Westbrook Crescent is listed as Cromwell Ave. 53.41029°N 2.63695°W

Most of Europa Boulevard is listed as either Cromwell Ave., Westbrook Cresent or unnamed road. The road is from coordinates 53.41237°N 2.63264°W to 53.41458°N 2.60947°W.

There is also a Cromwell Ave. listed in Burtonwood. Between Tan House Lane and Clay Lane should be Burtonwood Road; between Clay Lane and Wrights Lane should be Joy Lane. (The map writer must be a fan of Cromwell!)

North Park Brook Road and Wrexham Close starts/finishes/joins at coords 53.40805°N 2.61507°W and not where Haycastle Close is.

Aberdare Close is missing from 53.40762°N 2.61338°W

The small Close at 53.40821°N 2.61512°W is not Wrexham Close, but Boverton Close.

Roundabout at 53.39260°N 2.58648°W is shown as a six exit island. There is an unnamed road exit between Lythgoes Lane and Midland Way which does not exist.

Unnamed road at 53.38899°N 2.59470°W is Sankey Street. It is a pedestrian road.

Unnamed road at 53.38851°N 2.59317°W is Bridge Street. It is a pedestrian road.

Rylands Street and Bridge Street has a one way route in the wrong direction.

Bold Street between Sankey Street and Egypt Street is closed to traffic except for buses. Should be shown as a “Not allowed to enter” route.

Palmyra Square South (53.38737°N 2.59867°W) is now a no through road between Winmarleigh Street and Springfield Street.

Southern Express at 53.39240°N 2.58331°W is actually called Manchester Road.

Liverpool Road, Parker Street and Wilson Patten Street has been re-classified to the A5061, from the A57.

Burtonwood Road should now be shown as a “Not allowed to enter” route between Bicknell Close and Sycamore Lane as it is now a no through road.

In Runcorn, unnamed road at Coord 53.35001°N 2.65608°W is called Blackheath Lane and is also much longer than shown.

A brand new roundabout has just been built at 53.34417°N 2.63296°W with a link road to Keckwick Lane. This is a new entrance to Daresbury Science Park.

In Trafford, Redclyffe Road is now called Trafford Boulevard, between the M60 and the roundabout at 53.46824°N 2.35353°W.

I’m Famished!

Regards

Keith Jones

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: