Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman 3450 European maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman 3450 European maps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
easye
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 5:01 am    Post subject: Navman 3450 European maps Reply with quote

Question I just purchased the Navman 3450 for my Ipaq 3765 with the North American map set, however I will be spending most of the summer in Europe and would like to use the Navman there. I must be really dense because I can not find european maps to use with the Navman that would be a voice turn by turn program. Can anyone help? I am also only looking to spend about 150 us on such a program. Oh and if that was not enough I will be leaving for Europe on the 28th of March so I would like to solve this problem before then. Thanks in advance
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently Navman won't sell the maps seperately. You could try and beg Navman, and they might come through with something, or you may want to return it in favour of another system where you can purchase maps like CoPilot, TomTom or Destinator.
easye
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So in other words 3rd party maps will not work with Navman. And Navman will not sell the European maps seperatly. That really stinks...bad.
louiseb2705
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that really right? I've been researching the Navman 3450 over the past week or two to buy in the US before I return to Australia later this year. Navman in Australia said I could buy the Australian maps separately and add them easily to the V2 software (which is due out this week/next week). By the way, Navman US also told me that if I buy the 3450 in March I can get a free upgrade to the V2 software through a link on their site as soon as its available.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People have always had trouble purchasing the American maps in Europe and European maps in America. Navman have said they will change this and allow people to purchase the maps seperately, but to my knowledge it's still not possible (atleast I haven't heard anything from Navman to suggest you can now do this).
Johno
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Australian maps are available for the Navman 3450, but are not cheap. I was quoted $A450 ($US320)!
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read this on the Navman website:
Quote:
Due to licensing restrictions, it is not possible to purchase European maps in the US. Nor is it possible to purchase US Maps in Europe. European mapping can be purchased only in Europe while Canada Maps and US Maps can only be purchased in North America and cannot be shipped outside of North America.
Updated 10/03/04

However, Navman have suggested that US maps will be available here in the summer. Not sure about EU maps in the US though.
Confused? Confused

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: