Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Problem with Nokia LD-3W and Sirf protocol
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with Nokia LD-3W and Sirf protocol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Advanced GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
avatorl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Problem with Nokia LD-3W and Sirf protocol Reply with quote

I can't switch my LD-3W to SiRF protocol in SirfDemo. It is connected, NMEA data is transfering, but it is stoped when I try switch to SiRF protocol, and I see the message "Error... Cannot create UART handle. Comm port is not available or may be in use."

I tried connect with Leadtek GPS Monitor (I don't have other software like SirfDemo and this), so it was connected, switched to SiRF protocol, Leadtek GPS Monitor received SiRF settins from GPS, but when I change any settings, switched back to NMEA and disconnected no changes is saved. I reconnect again and see the old SiRF settings.
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Thumbs Up

Your question isn't clear. First you say you can't switch it to SiRF protocol then you say you can't switch it back to NMEA from SiRF. Or is this a problem with the two apps you are trying to use?

The first error (NMEA data stops when in SiRF) is to be expected. The error you say is shown could be that the com port you are using can't handle the binary SiRF data - but that doesn't seem too likely as you can apprently see SiRF data with the Leadtek s/w. (You ARE seeing valid SiRF data in this mode aren't you?)

Unless you have very specific reasons for running SiRF protocols then the recommendation would be to leave it in NMEA mode to guarantee wider operability with GPS apps.

As for switching it back to NMEA- do you have to 'store' the new settings before quitting the app - or power cycle the device.

Also try the apps listed in this thread (see last post) http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=57492

If you can't get it back to NMEA - remove batteries or leave on, to dischage internal batteries, leave for a day and try again. This usually resets the device to the factory defaults.
avatorl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Your question isn't clear. First you say you can't switch it to SiRF protocol then you say you can't switch it back to NMEA from SiRF. Or is this a problem with the two apps you are trying to use?

Yes, this is a problem with two apps. I can't switch LD-3W to SiRF protocol with SirfDemo, but I can with Leadtek GPS Monitor. So, then I say about Leadtek GPS Monitor.

Quote:
As for switching it back to NMEA- do you have to 'store' the new settings before quitting the app - or power cycle the device.

I set new settings (I can see the new values in the Response View window), switch back to NMEA and then exit the app. I don't see any "store" button or menu command in the app.

Quote:
If you can't get it back to NMEA - remove batteries or leave on, to dischage internal batteries, leave for a day and try again. This usually resets the device to the factory defaults.

LD-3W UserGuide says that I can press power button for 10 seconds to reset the device.

Thanks. I'll try to use the apps listed in the linked post.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Advanced GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: