Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom one Red Circle white cross - Help!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom one Red Circle white cross - Help!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clairebear
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Tomtom one Red Circle white cross - Help!!! Reply with quote

Hi All,
I have just bought my first Sat nav, a Tomtom one europe, after much excitement , following using it once to get home, I tried to connect to tomtom home using the supllied CD.

All seem well, but after trying to update the device it told me I did not have enough memory and now the device is not recognised by the PC. It tells me to disconnect and restart normally then reconnect. Doing this I find the divice will only start with the picture of the unit and a flashing red circle with white cross. This cannot be good!!!

Reading your site and the tomtom support I have tried both long and short resets and fully charging to no avail.

Any ideas anyone, other than returning for a replacement which I am also trying to do but buying online may make this more difficult.

Thanks

Claire
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clair, Have you got a back up of the device? - if not then the only real option available to you is to return the device as defective, also does the device have a memory card inserted to it or is one of the newer units using built in memory? - Mike
thebinman
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly delete your TTHome from your PC & instal the latest from here: http://www.tomtom.com/plus/service.php?ID=17&Lid=1

Your One V4 Euro has an internal memory so should have sufficient space for updates but, assuming you can read this memory as a removeable device in windows, delete the TomTom HOME install.app and the InstalTomTomHOME.exe and maybe a few extra voices apart from data04 & data05 which are the English voices.
Clairebear
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice I cannot see the device on the PC at all unfortuantely. It will not let me access it through windows or Tomtom home, so I connot delete anything. For info - the device is one without the external SD card.

The supplier is offering to replace it for me so I think I will take that option.

Keep up the good work on the forum, it has been worthwhile just to understand some of the issues that arise and learn more about the device.

Thanks again

Claire
thebinman
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clairebear wrote:
The supplier is offering to replace it for me so I think I will take that option.

Sounds like the best thing to do.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: