Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Problem installing
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem installing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gasman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject: Problem installing Reply with quote

I am unable to copy the .ov2 and .bmp files to my map file on the pocket pc to download the camera positions( it says the files are write protected or read only). I am using tomtom2 and checkpoint( i tries 2 and 3.2). What is the problem?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never seen this error before.

Do they already exist on the storage card ? It maybe you started copying, it bombed out and reminence of the files are still there. If you can see them you may want to delete them first.

Failing that, try a soft reset. If that doesn't help, then it maybe because you're using ActiveSync 3.7.x or above, these had problems in copying files to the Pocket PC and you may want to consider downgrading to ActiveSync 3.6
gasman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you vry much for your prompt reply. Let me explain exactly what happens. When I try to copy the extracted ov2 and bmp files to the SD/GB maps on the laptop (in the explore option of activesync), I get this message from the file copier/convertor:cannot copy file: maybe write-protected,read only or in use by another application.
Now I used activesync 3.5 and 4.1
I did a soft reset, there are no part files in SD memory and I have uninstalled my firewall. Nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?Thanks again
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you copy any file to the SD card ? If not, look at the SD card and there's probably a little white slider on it which is a write protect notch. Flick it the other way, you may have accidentally write protected the card.
gasman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again. You were absolutely right. The write protect tab was locked accidently on the SD card, and it never crossed my mind.Thank you very much.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! I really couldn't think of what else it could be, then a 12th hour though was they have a write protect notch on the newer ones.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: