Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New car
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New car
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Lost Satellite Fix - Off Topic Area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
classy56
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bettyboo wrote:
I brought my mini new in 2004 so it 3 years old.

I renew my car every 2 or 3 years and I always seem to make the wrong choice, not at the time, but after a few months I always think I could have done better in my choice:roll:

I will be buying a new car next march and i'm being tempted by the Honda Accord at the moment 8O

Whatever I get, it will be black, where I live getting the right colour is crucial, get the wrong colour and your car is decorated in seagull poo all year round :x

To old to die young.
classy56
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy3090 wrote:

Hopefully Classy56 won't be too fussy??

My username should give you a clue Wink Laughing Laughing

To old to die young.
bettyboo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've made up my mind and I am going to put a deposit down on a saab 93 convertable this morning :D

As for the watch sorry I cant afford it now but my son knows a knock off Nigel will that do Wink
classy56
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bettyboo wrote:
I've made up my mind and I am going to put a deposit down on a Saab 93 convertable this morning :D

As for the watch sorry I cant afford it now but my son knows a knock off Nigel will that do Wink

I think the saab is an excellent choice and I'm glad you didn't go along with one chauvinistic suggestion about getting a 'girlie' car Wink

I think you will find that you entered a legal binding contract regarding the watch, but because I like you, I will release you from the agreement and decline your offer of a knock off watch, I can understand why you would make such an offer, after all you have just broken my heart and you are trying to let me down gently but I don't do 'knock off' Wink

To old to die young.
bettyboo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to ask for a bright pink saab but it would look too barbie, so I am having a nice mustard colour. Ohh I've got butterflies thinking about it now, its going to take about 6 weeks to get to me though so I will have to keep busy to take my mind off it.

As for the watch, sorry you wont take me up on my offer, it would be a good knock off, it would look real but you might have to take it off now and again to keep your wrist from going green :D
classy56
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bettyboo wrote:
its going to take about 6 weeks to get to me though so I will have to keep busy to take my mind off it.

Answers on a postcard please 8O Laughing Laughing Laughing

To old to die young.
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

classy56 wrote:
Quote:
I'm glad you didn't go along with one chauvinistic suggestion about getting a 'girlie' car

I presume you are reffering to my quote
Quote:
.....it's with out a doubt a lady's car.....

Hardly chauvinistic, athough i regard men and women to be equal, unless you haven't noticed we are vastly different, i do not see anything wrong in regarding a women as a lady, i still open doors etc to a "lady" and if the car looks beautiful, curvey and feminine, rather than masculine and aggressive, i call it a "lady's" car.

I take it you can't see a difference but us "oldies" who find it hard to remove our view, that there is a difference between masculine and feminine "looks" - still survive.
HTC Advantage X7500 MS 6.1 Tchart Speed Sentry
Satmap Active 10, Software v1.16
Fuzion 32 HUD Bluetooth GPS receiver
classy56
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GJF wrote:
classy56 wrote:
Quote:
I'm glad you didn't go along with one chauvinistic suggestion about getting a 'girlie' car

I presume you are reffering to my quote
Quote:
.....it's with out a doubt a lady's car.....

Hardly chauvinistic, athough i regard men and women to be equal, unless you haven't noticed we are vastly different, i do not see anything wrong in regarding a women as a lady, i still open doors etc to a "lady" and if the car looks beautiful, curvey and feminine, rather than masculine and aggressive, i call it a "lady's" car.

I take it you can't see a difference but us "oldies" who find it hard to remove our view, that there is a difference between masculine and feminine "looks" - still survive.

Of course it was chauvinistic, a car is a car, regardles of shape or in your opinion feminine looks.

Even opening doors for 'ladies' could be classed by some women as chauvanistic.

Times change fella, it's a fact of life.

As for the rest of your post, is there a web site where you get your patronising remarks from or do they come natually?[/b]

To old to die young.
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

classy56 wrote:
Quote:
Of course it was chauvinistic, a car is a car, regardles of shape or in your opinion feminine looks.

Your welcome to your own opinion, but i say - Rubbish!

Quote:

I'll stick to opening doors to those appreciate it, you can deal with the rest.

Quote:

Ok "fella" (whatever that means) depends what you call change, times do change but not as much as you make us believe, it would be interesting for a woman to join in the conversation here, as i don't think the majority of women want to be treated just like another man - with total equality meaning not being treated as a "lady".

Quote:
As for the rest of your post, is there a web site where you get your patronising remarks from or do they come natually?

"Hark at the kettle calling the teapot black".
coachdrivers.com would be a good start, i don't intend to get into a slanging match on a family forum.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on guys, chill out. Don't ruin what started out as an interesting Topic.

This sort of sniping is why it took so long to get an Off Topic Forum, and if it carries on, it might just as easily be removed.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
classy56
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GJF wrote:
classy56 wrote:
Quote:

Your welcome to your own opinion, but i say - Rubbish!

Quote:

I'll stick to opening doors to those appreciate it, you can deal with the rest.

Quote:

Ok "fella" (whatever that means) depends what you call change, times do change but not as much as you make us believe, it would be interesting for a woman to join in the conversation here, as i don't think the majority of women want to be treated just like another man - with total equality meaning not being treated as a "lady".

Quote:
As for the rest of your post, is there a web site where you get your patronising remarks from or do they come natually?

"Hark at the kettle calling the teapot black".
coachdrivers.com would be a good start, i don't intend to get into a slanging match on a family forum.

You obviously have an agenda with me, you ALWAYS try to start arguments with me.

You are obviously jealous of coach drivers because you never fail to bring my job up when you attempt to belittle me, did you fail your test? is that the reason.

It's amazing you know (or think you know) what a lady is and yet you don't know what a fella is !!!

You say " i don't intend to get into a slanging match", so why start one then? This proves you have an agenda, otherwise why contradict yourself?

Quote:
times do change but not as much as you make us believe

You are now 'us' are you? I'm not "making" anybody believe anything, it is a fact that *SOME* women do not appreciate men like yourself treating them like useless inferior beings, I didn't say *ALL* or the *MAJORITY* of women.

Facts are a wonderful thing, try using them Rolling Eyes

[/b]

To old to die young.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One warning was obviously insufficient, if you cannot stop the personal mud slinging the post will be deleted from this point on

THIS APPLYS TO ALL PARTICIPANTS IN THIS THREAD

I am sick of acting as a teacher on "play ground duty" pack it in, and its not the first time I have resorted to such a warning, please don't expect a reply to PM on the issue either - Mike
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
One warning was obviously insufficient, if you cannot stop the personal mud slinging the post will be deleted from this point on

THIS APPLYS TO ALL PARTICIPANTS IN THIS THREAD

I am sick of acting as a teacher on "play ground duty" pack it in, and its not the first time I have resorted to such a warning, please don't expect a reply to PM on the issue either - Mike

That's OK Mike, I understand and don't intend to get into an unwanted debate, we just differ with our opinions and i have no problem with that. :D

It's good to have discussions and i have no malice or agenda and am not so insensitive to see others might bite. Sad

Thanks for your understanding. 8)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Lost Satellite Fix - Off Topic Area All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: