Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - A Lesson for Navman
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

A Lesson for Navman

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ziggy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: A Lesson for Navman Reply with quote

I think Navman can learn a thing or two here

Dear TomTom Navigator 2 owner,

As you may have heard, TomTom Navigator 3 will soon be available. It offers the latest maps, a new medium-detail "Major Roads of Europe" map covering millions of square miles, new features (such as an Itinerary Planner), and supports the TomTom Traffic service plug-in that will be available in select countries. Information about TomTom Navigator 3 and the traffic plug-in can be found on our web site (www.tomtom.com).
As a service for our customers, we will provide a low-cost upgrade to existing owners of TomTom Navigator 2.

TomTom Navigator 3 Upgrade Programme

How can I upgrade?
TomTom will have a special website, where you can fill in your product code (the 15-letter code on the inside of your CD box that you have also used to activate TomTom Navigator). This code will give you the right to order the upgrade in our online web shop.
That is all there is to it. You do NOT need to send us your old CD-ROMs. You do NOT need to send us a proof of purchase.

What will it cost?
TomTom Navigator 2 customers who activated on or after 18 January 2004, receive the upgrade for free, excluding shipping and handling costs. Customers who activated before 18 January 2004 pay Euro 49 to upgrade the software plus any additional maps (such as Maps of Western Europe).
As an extra service, if you own two products (for instance a Benelux and a Maps-Of-Europe product), we will replace both for Euro 49 (and of course, if all your products were activated less than 2 months ago, we'll replace them all for free).
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see your point.
I have been a registered Navman user for a little over a month now and I have had no communications from them (other than replies to 'my' mails) not even to tell me that a service pack had been released!

I certainly hope they are learning.
When the dust settles on TTN3 and we are fully aware of it's offerings and/or short commings, If Navman charge anything like what they have done in the past for upgrades then I can see myself jumping ship.
£121 (€169) seems a good price for the software and maps of the UK as opposed to £139 for a Navman upgrade!.
I would rather lose the European maps and gain custom POI
ziggy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think TomTom has put a shot across Navman's bough.

1, very clear about dates and who gets one free, I fought for my free Navman update and yet my work mate who bought one on the same day as me (early dec) enquired and one turned up on his doorsep next day.

2, those who don't get one free also looked after by only a small charge of £34 (thats what it converts to) while Navman want to charge their LOYAL customers £139.

With the above in mind and assuming they both do the same the next time, who are you better of with?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: