Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CoPilot 7 release date
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CoPilot 7 release date
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
theripper
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: CoPilot 7 release date Reply with quote

I have just spoken to ALK customer services and there is still no release date as yet as they are still making last minute changes to the software
theripper
typhoon29
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"last minute changes"... never in this world .. more like a complete re-design.
dpdurst
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha last minute changes that take 4 months! those are some really big last minute changes.
mark1968
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just spken to UK support, although they do not have an exact release date yet, they are being told that version 7 should be released during August. Lets hope that it is worth the extra wait!
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark1968 wrote:
Lets hope that it is worth the extra wait!

the version we saw at cebit 4 months ago looked quite promising

MaFt
101sean
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
they are being told that version 7 should be released during August

Any news on the release date, it's now September and Ill be buying elsewhere before long. The long delay and lack of info from ALK does not inspire confidence.
Bohica
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's been a lot of posts regarding the release date of CP7, first it was April,May,June,July etc...... but one thing that you all missed is that there was no mention of WHICH YEAR.................(Laughing Out Loud)
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think it'll be worth the wait

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
matt1971
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alix776 wrote:
I would think it'll be worth the wait

I would hope so!

I've used Copilot for years, back when it was iNS

However I have defected to Route 66 system.

Yeah I've lost one or two features (Like the detour button) but I'm glad I made the switch.

I'm not gloating as R66 has its own problems (like needing at least 18mb program memory before launching), but overall I find R66 less stress.

Matt
typhoon29
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes ... I'll be very surprised if we'll ever see a new version of coPilot
leaskovski
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be of interest, but copilot7 is talked about on the Vario3 release...

http://www.modaco.com/Mobile-28th-t259710.html

Quote:
The Vario III also boasts an in-built GPS receiver, and is fully compatible with the new CoPilot Live 7 satellite navigation system. Perfect for business people who need to travel, users can rely on spoken directions across the UK. CoPilot Live 7 also provides integrated live traffic information and mobile location tracking using T-Mobile’s network. In addition the device features a 3 mega-pixel camera with auto focus and a front facing camera for video calls.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

typhoon29 wrote:
Rolling Eyes ... I'll be very surprised if we'll ever see a new version of coPilot

i think you will be having sen it at the last pocketgpsworld show and on reading ta reveiw in pda essenitals

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
declan29
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used CoPilot for a few years now; first CoPilot 5 and then I upgraded to 6. I was in the market for a new system during the summer and was very interested in CP7. However, the continously changing release date, and the absolute lack of information from ALK (which really baffles me) meant that I switched to Garmin. After quite a lot of research I opted for the Nuvi 660fm at £330. Although a hell of a lot dearer than CoPilot I have to say the extra money was worth it. Apart from all the extra features (Bluetooth, live traffic updates, fm transmitter etc.) it just works more accurately, more reliably and more pleasingly than CoPilot ever did. Also Garmin issue regular updates (though so far not to fix any major problems unlike CoPilot) and update deployment is quick and easy.

Yes, there are advantages to incorportating sat nav into your PDA, but I for one wouldn't go back to CoPilot; even if they do someday manage to release version 7!
michaelpwilson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought CoPilot v6 in early 2006 on the premise that it contained the "latest" Navteq maps for my locality, as the ALK website said it did. However, it didn't. I complained. ALK said they might be willing to give me a discount on the next version, and then refused to enter into any further correspondence with me.

I've emailed ALK several times over the past 18 months or so, asking for the release date of v7 for Pocket PC. When they reply, it's usually the one-liner "we're making last-minute changes" or "we can't release that information yet" - and yet clove.co.uk indicates it's available in the first week of October. So is it, or isn't it? What's the big secret, ALK?

Now, I like CoPilot v6. If it weren't for the poor maps of my area, I'd be very happy with it. But it seems ALK are completely unwilling to release ANY information about the upgrade to us mere plebians. I have no idea why, unless they want to sucker potential customers into buying v6 a few weeks before v7 comes out (if it ever does). I think ALK's attitude is very disrespectful of their customer base and if I were to turn back the clock, I think I'd go for a Garmin Nuvi instead.

I think it's ludicrous that it's taken ALK about two years to release CoPilot v7 for PPC, when other companies (e.g. Garmin) appear to release regular updates to their software and maps. I mean, what is so complicated? ALK have a working GPS system in v6. They're not re-inventing the wheel. Navteq have released updated map data at least once since v6 came out (and probably more times than that). Why do we have to put up with (often) old, crappy map data because ALK insist on releasing the software and maps in one package?

I think ALK's PR is woeful. If I didn't _like_ CoPilot I wouldn't bother my ass writing this. I love the product. I think the company needs to learn a bit more about the value of customer loyalty and how PR affects it.
GeoBiker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could have probably written the above word-for-word..! I've been using TomTom mostly now for the last few months but still patiently awaiting CP7.. Well, guess what? Got a call from Alk yesterday (I had requested to be on their wait list) asking if I wanted to pre-order CP7. I asked for, and was given, a decent discount over their upgrade price, so I ordered. They are promising a ship date in mid-October. We'll see what happens!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: