Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - installing co-pilot /sd card??
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

installing co-pilot /sd card??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jasb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:13 am    Post subject: installing co-pilot /sd card?? Reply with quote

Hello

Is there any disadvantages to installing the co-pilot program/maps to an sd card(panasonic 256 10 mb/s) rather than installing as usual and putting just the maps on the sd card

Reason being, i already have tomtom2 installed on the ipaq(maps separate on a cf card) and Im trying to save the ipaqs main memory..so copilot would be all on the sd card...

jasb
Confused
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I'm not 100% sure, but I vaguely remember having some problems, it may have just been with the voice installed to SD card though.

You should be able to install the lot to main memory, it just depends on how much other data or programs you have installed. I have Destinator, TomTom, CoPilot all installed into main memory (programs) and the maps to SD or CF/MicroDrive.
typhoon29
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave,

Which of the three do you prefer, Destinator, Tom Tom or Copilot? I'm using Kane Destinator2 and Destinator3 (Pre the Fix) but I'm considering getting Copilot 4 or Tom Tom3. I was very happy just having Kane's version but seeing as you can't update the maps without updating the program I've opted for Destinator3 and to be honest I can't say I've been happy with it, even putting the aroundabout error aside. I like the large wording used on destinator2 which you don't get on Destinator3. I like to know the name of the road I'm travelling along and this is clearly shown at the foot of the map... A recommendation by you and I could be using CoPilot4 or Tom Tom3 in the future.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I like them all, but I guess in the order of most used in my car it's:-

1. TomTom Navigator 2
2. CoPilot Live
3. Destinator

That may soon change though as I've been playing with MapSonic on the Palm 8O :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: