Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Origin Technologies
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Origin Technologies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious, you've posted only four times and every post has either linked to or advertised Talex's offering. Are you commercially connected?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now I understand. As you are a Director of the company you keep linking too it's rather underhand not to declare your interest and is an infringement of our forum rules.

I have deleted all your other posts, if you continue to post links to your business your account will be removed.
gakendall
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: PogoDrive Reply with quote

Hi

I've just found this site and have read everything written about the PogoDrive to date. I've had the Origin B2 for years now and find it excellent. I am really keen to get the PogoDrive if the SatNav element is any good. No one seems to have posted any further information on whether the clitches have been sorted for over a month and i would really appreciate an update.

I don't want mobile sites or red light camera warnings so my decision comes down to whether using the SatNav is going to really annoy me! I've never used satnav (except recently on my mobile) but am easily frustrated if things don't work as they should.

The biggest issue i can see is having to re-enter the journey if you use any of the menu options - has this been resolved and are the other anoying problems sorted? Are Pogo still releasing regular patches and upgrades? Is it usable in Europe? Does anyone know anything more about the new product with traffic updates?

I'd appreciate any new information. Thanks.
fanaloneman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been reading this thread with interest and I have to agree with NN comments (and some other points raised by others however been a newbie some of the more technical defciencies are beyond me)

I find it very surprising that a database would not include such vital information as mobile camera locations and agree that most drivers both now and in the future will be NIP'd by laser cameras. Anyone who reads the Pepipo sites will (I hope) agree that Gatso's are attracting much less 'revenue' than they were and there is an increase in LT20/20.

As more people buy SatNav with fixed camera locations the partnerships will be relying more heavliy on mobile means.

This and the argument 'once a laser is detected its too late' and that any type of laser detection/jamming technolgy will soon be illegal with fines up to £1000 and 6 points makes dependancy on this technology pointless.

But the point that stuns me the most and please let me know if I'm wrong as I've never personally checked the information myself, but aren't Camera Partnerships obliged to publish on their website the location of mobile camera loactions two weeks in advance? And where does this put the accuracy of the database that doesn't have this data.

Personally, I would rather have an opinion'd 'false' reading than no reading at all.

Thanks for reading these are just my thoughts. I hope Origin include mobile data. If they do then I will be a customer of theirs no second thought.

If not, then they cannot be distinguished from every other manufacturer of SatNav technology which lets face it to a newbie isn't quite up to 21 century standards.

m
traby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: pogo drive v2 Reply with quote

Has anyone upgraded to the v2 version of the software on th drive , and does this include the mobile talivan database?

also does anyone know if you can add custom POI to the drive?

Cheers in advance
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fanaloneman wrote:
But the point that stuns me the most and please let me know if I'm wrong as I've never personally checked the information myself, but aren't Camera Partnerships obliged to publish on their website the location of mobile camera loactions two weeks in advance? And where does this put the accuracy of the database that doesn't have this data.

A common misconception. Safety Camera partnerships are under no obligation to publish any location data and unsurprisingly none do so. At best you may get them publishing information such as 'We will be operating on the A24, B225 and A16 during the week of xxxxx etc. Obviously this is no use at all to a motorist seeking to be alert to their locations!

Attempts under the Freedom of Information Act asking them to publish such information has also failed.

Were it that easy then there would be a great many more suppliers of this data but as it stands it requires considerable time and manpower to capture, collate and publish the information!
nuttynurse
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: pogo drive v2 Reply with quote

traby wrote:
Has anyone upgraded to the v2 version of the software on th drive , and does this include the mobile talivan database?

also does anyone know if you can add custom POI to the drive?

Cheers in advance

I had one of the very early Pogo Drive's for a short while - ney a very short while, and at that time it wasn't possible to add custom POI. I wouldn't recommend it for the GPS navigation, not unless v2 has made considerable enhancements to the navigation side of things. Alerts were great for the features the Origin warned of but limited by their refusal to cover lred light cameras and suchlike. Buy a decent navigational device that allows you to install the pockegpstworld camera database on it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
Page 18 of 18

Jump to: