Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CeBIT 2007: The leading business event for the digital world
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CeBIT 2007: The leading business event for the digital world
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Shows & Related Technology Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: CeBIT 2007: The leading business event for the digital world Reply with quote

CeBIT 2007 is rapidly creeping up on us. It seems like only yesterday we were at CES in Las Vegas, and now we are getting ready, along with thousands of other companies, for CeBIT 2007 in Hannover Germany.

CeBIT 2007 runs from the 15th to the 21st of March. Last year TomTom broke with tradition and announced their new products a couple of weeks before the tradefair. This seems to have started a new trend and both Navigon and Garmin have released details of some new products. In light of this we have started our CeBIT 2007 reporting just that little bit early.

The PocketGPSWorld.com team will be out in Germany with Darren, Lutz, MaFt and myself. We will be having meetings with all the main companies, and a lot of the other manufacturers as well. If you have any questions that you would like us to ask any company a question, post it in this forum you can also use the forum to discuss CeBIT news and events.
emjaiuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming you haven't already done this, but if not could you ask TomTom :-

Do they accept that their existing TMC receiver is less than ideal, to say the least, in the UK?

If nothing is announced at CeBit, do they have any plans to offer an a revised or alternative receiver incorporating an external anntena connection?

Whilst I'm sure their focus will be on their GSM/GPRS offerings, I'm sure i'm not the only one of their customers who would like an answer to these questions.
Outlander
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Mike how was the safari.
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outlander wrote:
Welcome back Mike how was the safari.
My Safari is still working fine. Obviously as it a Mac it provides me protection from all the nasty bug you encounter when on IE instead of Safari...

For a more detailed explanation you may wish to click here Enjoy!!
leaskovski
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The creators of iGO have posted on their site about the up and coming iGO 2007...

http://www.navngo.com/en/cebit/index.php
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following on from emjaiuk question regarding the TMC I have one question/suggestion that you make like to ask TomTom.

Would TomTom consider including a free subscription to the dial-up traffic service, possible a Lite version with all TMC units? The reason for the suggestion is as follows, when in an area that has TMC reception the TMC source is used, when this is not available the traffic service automatically switches to GPRS traffic, and back to TMC when available.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You better ask them to add in the extra functionality to the software to switch back to GPRS mode when the RDS drops out, as currently the software cannot do this, if you plug in the RDS-TMC it defaults to use the RDS source for its data, it cannot drop back to GPRS mode without unplugging the RDS-TMC - Mike
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you guys are all too aware there is a major uderlying issue here with TMC with all manufactureres. Pressure could be applied to all maunfacturers about their reciving technology (ariels) and the providers of the transmissions to boost reception.

Their loyal customers are having to throw away provided equipment to ensure adiquate service were before there was none.

You have enough information on this site to provide proof of a problem. I'll give you these two.

HEREandHERE

Have a good time guys. Smile

HERE LIES PND May it rest in peace.
Navigon 7310/iPhone Navigon&Copilot
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, while you are over there any chance of some details on the GPS HUD - Booth: Hall 11, E26 - further details can be found Here looks an interesting product - Mike
mbproject21
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you please find out if the Magellan maestro 4050 will be available in the UK?

Also, I understand they are going to release the Garmin 670T. I would like to know if there will be any difference between that and the nuvi 670 which is already out.

Thanks.
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you find out if the ViaMichelin X980T will get upgraded to version 7 software like what is installed on the new X960 and x970 models they have announced. (Neither are a replacement for the x980, as they are lower hardware spec).
MaskellMan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you find out when the i-Blue 747 will be released in Europe together with UK distributer(s) and price?
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested to see if the new TMC Antenna Design from ViaMichelin will fit the previous models. Looking at your pictures the connectors look the same at the bottom. Suppose it depends how they would fit with mounts.
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you chat to any companies the build OEM built-in SatNav units for motor manufacturers. Would you ask them to think about adding the following to their devices?

Arrow Accept user custom POIs of a standard type (.OV2, .CSV, etc) and use colour .BMP files to show POI icons on screen.

Arrow Use .ogg files for POI proximity alert warnings.

Arrow Accept reusable common storage media (e.g. SD card, CF card, USB stick, etc) where user custom data (POIs, .BMP files, .off files, etc) can be stored.

Arrow The units POIs should be able to fully interact with the POIs. Such as navigate to, and avoid the POIs.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
yayalolo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:26 am    Post subject: News From Destinator Reply with quote

I'm very interested in all the solutions that Destinator has to offer, the ones for cell phone and the new version 7. Could you please pass by Destinators booth and take some notes.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Shows & Related Technology Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: