Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Road Angel Problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Road Angel Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silverblack
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:46 am    Post subject: New Road Angel Problem Reply with quote

I bought a road angel over a year ago it came with 6 months subs but never subscribed for more as i wouldnt need it.It was working perfectly but recently it just sits there searching for the satellites with no info displayed taking upto 30 minutes sometimes to display anything.Has anyone else had this problem ? Could it be anything to do with not taking out subs ?
Chris_UK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: . Reply with quote

No it will only be that there is no clear line of sight to the gps signal, try charging the unit up so that it remembers its location lock for the next time it is used, that might be why its takin so long
silverblack
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks most of journeys are 30 mins max i might try charging it via the usb on my PC if that would work.
silverblack
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to send it back to Road Angel for repair cost £45.They needed to replace the GPS engine.Worked for a few days but is now taking longer and longer to find the Sat.I also get an annoying alert when i switch it on now saying im not subscribed i wouldnt mind but you have to press any key now on the unit to get rid of this message and for the unit to work.Ive contacted road angel about fixing again hopefully free of charge but no reply yet.Either way i think i might sell it and buy a Talex these come with 2 yr warranty and subs are cheaper.
Now i know why there are so many refurbished Road Angels for sale they are far to unreliable and overpriced in my opinion.
CliffEdge
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a RA Navigator 6000 & it was terrible. I upgraded to the "better" software, but it was still terribly slow. The touch screen is unreliable & gets worse with use. Its a shame as the concept is good, the hardware is just poor. I gave up & bought a Garmin 660 which is a joy to use. When I complained to RA they said.... "well it is a budget unit.... for £250!!!". I guess I'm just not on their wages. Their unhelpful desk are obviously just keen to get you off the phone when you try to sort anything out. AVOID.
silverblack
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was via email and they said i could return it for repair free of charge just postage to pay for.But ive since sold it and upgraded to RA+ but ive sold that too for similar problems.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: