Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT6.03 update
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT6.03 update
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GarySN
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Strange problem with sound now Reply with quote

The download and install of 6.03 went OK and all appears to be working fine except for one thing. Whenever I start the software, the sound is switched off and I have to select Change Preferences, Turn on Sound. Just to make the problem a little more weird, it never works the first time, only on the second attempt.

Just to clarify, since I installed 6.03, whenever I start up TomTom, I have to select Change Preferences, Turn on Sound TWICE before the sound is activated.

Any thoughts?

Gary.
hope68
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Strange problem with sound now Reply with quote

GarySN wrote:
The download and install of 6.03 went OK and all appears to be working fine except for one thing. Whenever I start the software, the sound is switched off and I have to select Change Preferences, Turn on Sound. Just to make the problem a little more weird, it never works the first time, only on the second attempt.

Just to clarify, since I installed 6.03, whenever I start up TomTom, I have to select Change Preferences, Turn on Sound TWICE before the sound is activated.

Any thoughts?

Gary.

Hi,

is your memory card locked? If so, TT doesnt remember the changes to the settings if u restart TT again.

cu Peter
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Strange problem with sound now Reply with quote

TomTom Web Site wrote:
HTC P3300 / O2 XDA Orbit / T-Mobile MDA Compact III
HTC P3600
HP iPAQ hw65xx / HP iPAQ hw69xx
Palm Treo 700w / Palm Treo 750v
The above devices are the intended ones for this release, if your device isn't on the list leave it alone - if you phone TT for suport the chances are you won't get any - Mike
Mikeact
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did start another thread elsewhere, but this upgrade is fine with my phone, but TT Home won't let me do a backup...not sure if it is this update and the latest TT Home update which may have a conflict of interests ??
GarySN
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Strange problem with sound now Reply with quote

Hi all

Thanks for the responses.

I'm running on a T-Mobile MDA, otherwise known as and Imate Jam. I know this is not on the list, but I read various posts here and thought I'd install it anyway. TT Home is 1.5, and SD card is unlocked.

Gary.
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikeact wrote:
I did start another thread elsewhere, but this upgrade is fine with my phone, but TT Home won't let me do a backup...not sure if it is this update and the latest TT Home update which may have a conflict of interests ??

It's the latest version of HOME. My 6.01 system wouldn't back-up correctly.

v6.03 on my Dell X51v running very smoothly - and it seems to have fixed a niggling routing issue where it tried to route me onto a road that was running 6 metres below the road I was travelling on.
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to get different problems every time I install HOME version 1.5. I'm staying with 1.3 until I hear all the bugs have been fixed. Crying or Very sad
StevePritchard
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Strange problem with sound now Reply with quote

GarySN wrote:

Any thoughts?

Gary.

I have the exact same problem, and have already had it crash with some sort of memory access exception. It's obviously not been tested properly, I'm downgrading now...

Cheers,

Steve
Mikeact
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you downgrade from the TT Home site please ?
StevePritchard
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikeact wrote:

I've no idea - it's a pile of poo. Wink

I've always just used CAB files (why they felt the need to only release it via TomTom Home, I don't know), and that's what I've done to downgrade.

Cheers,

Steve.
spetrie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated TomTom Home and connected my HX4700 with WM5. Home then informed me that an update was available (6.03). Downloaded and installed fine. Been running for a few days now. This device is also not on the TomTom list for compatability. I believe this is due to device no longer available from HP.
Can now see maps on both CF and SD card. Not possible with 6.01. Seems to start faster, but bigger delay in new splash screen appearing. Possibly due to VGA screen.
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikeact wrote:

I had an install of TTHOME 1.03 in my HOME/Download Cache prior to the upgrade - it was just by chance I did the upgrade on my work system - so the home system retained the original.
adlondon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: How do i change my device in TTH1.5 to upload TTN6.03 please Reply with quote

I have tried to download TTN6.03 but it wont let me change my device from the Dell Axim X30 which I use to run TTN. If I only put the SD card into the PCs card reader it will let me download TTN but only version 6.01. whenever i put the SD card in the reader and check for updates none are found. i am trying to update to a 2G Scan disk SD card.

Thanks
Calomax
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to http://www.tomtom.com/support/index.php?FID=6736&Lid=1 and clicked "Download" TTHOME opened and downloaded it and installed it to my iPAQ H1940 with no problem. You do have to have TTHOME version 1.5 though. I then uninstalled 1.5 and reinstalled version 1.3 which works while 1.5 has a great many problems.
adlondon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: thanks - Reply with quote

Got it working, thanks for your help much appreciated :D :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: