Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigator 2 Map Errors
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigator 2 Map Errors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alevans
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kingsmead, Cheshire

The A533 (Kingsmead) seems to run out just before 53:14:46N, 2:31:06W.

It should join the A556 to London Road.

Also lots of street missing in Kingsmead!
DrVenkman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolverton in Milton Keynes is called "Wolverton - Stratford Upon Avon" even though it is located correctly in the map. ie you wont end up in stratford upon avon !

Wavendon is called "Wavendon, MK7" where it should be "Wavendon MK17"

Also,
When approaching the M1 at Staples Corner (Junction 1) from the north circular, when you get the the roundabout where you can join the M1 by going up the sliproad it says "Keep right, turn left" You cant turn left by being in the right hand lane as the slip road is a single carriageway.

Dr V
sn00p
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen that too, Hilton (Huntingdonshire) seems to navigate correctly, but when you pass through there it says Hilton (Aberdeenshire) - I assumed it was my dodgy CF card...but now somebody else has reported something similar....

Adrian
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The administrative area problem is a known bug in the program, rather than a fault in the map data.

It seems that on-screen display always shows one combination of place name and administrative area for all examples - for example, both Marylebone in London and Marylebone in Wigan are shown as Marylebone (Wigan).

A fuller explanation of the administrative area handling oddities in Navigator 2 can be found in my contributions to this thread.

David
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:01 pm    Post subject: M25/M20 junction Reply with quote

If you are heading South on the M25 and want to head East on the M20, there is a long sweeping slip road between the two. TomTom when approaching the slip road J3 tells you to keep right then takes you off on the next exit onto the roundabout between the two motorways.
Exeriaa
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swedish Map misses lane directions.
frmarcus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LYMINGTON, Hampshire missing from map database and roads within (was looking for Queen Elizabeth Avenue, Lymington SO41 9HN - nothing!)
T
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 10:20 am    Post subject: A30/A322 junction south of Bracknell Reply with quote

There's a problem with the map at the A30/A322 junction south of Bracknell. If you approach the junction westbound on the A30 to turn south on the A322 towards the M3, it routes across the A322 taking the sliproad north on the A322, then loops round the next roundabout to come back south on the A322, whereas there is a perfectly good (dual carriageway) slip road from a roundabout about 50 yards before the A322 straight down onto the southbound carriageway.

T
jonh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Peterborough Errors Reply with quote

Hampton Hargate housing estate built over last 5 years and now +700 houses is completely misaligned and has grown 60% beyond roads detailed by TT. For example take Archers Wood PE7, Peterborough is mislocated NW by about 1/3 of a mile. The entrance of the estate off the "The Serpentine" needs to be moved 70m South-East then from that point the whole estate should be pivoted about 15 degrees anti clockwise.

Hampton Vale built over last 2.5 years and now +400 houses is completely missing. This estate is located to the west of the A15 London Road North of Yaxley.

Last year the intersection of the A1139 Fletton Parkway and the A605 heading to Whittlesey was completely redesigned to accommodate a new Ikea distribution centre.
StyleMaster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: A45/Maxstoke Lane Junction, Birmingham Reply with quote

Hi There

Travelled from Birmingham to Meriden today.

There is no right turn off the A45, travelling direction Birmingham - Coventry, onto Maxstoke Lane.

Directed off A45 onto Shepherds Lane then over the A45 on Maxstoke Lane towards Meriden.
TomTom2 v2.24.2 (363) & GPS v2.09 302/393
StyleMaster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject: King'S Heath, Birmingham Reply with quote

Should be with a lowercase 's' as King's Heath.
But good to see the apostrophe
TomTom2 v2.24.2 (363) & GPS v2.09 302/393
chris.hevey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrVenkman wrote:
<snip>
Wavendon is called "Wavendon, MK7" where it should be "Wavendon MK17"
<snip>

It should be Wavendon Gate MK7 (MK estate), which is different from the nearby village of Wavendon.
chris.hevey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:09 pm    Post subject: A421 Tingewicke bypass Reply with quote

The A421 Tingewick bypass in Buckinghamshire is in the database. but shows as an unavailable road. I Think it's been open for about three years?
ThGrim
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if this has been mentioned before but here goes. regarding TomTom's lack of up to date maps in particular the M6 Toll. I have checked my maps and the Winchester Services on the M3 is shown on the maps, this service station on both carriageways has been open from approx 12 months. So it would seem that some new features to the maps are added and others are not for what reason I can't say.

Even with the lack of some roads, if I need to use TomTom in an area that im not familiar with I really don't mind been taking a different route as long as I reach my destination. Enough said.

Matt
TinyWiz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again in Sweden :

Roundabouts is a disaster. Follow Tomtom and you will sure die very fast! Makes you turn left into a roundabout and the a u-turn to get you to the right place!

In many streets it guides you as if you where driving on the left lane instead of right.

Just not acceptable !!!

In Käglinge/Oxie/Malmö (still in sweden) there are several residential areas that are more the 6 years old that aren't there (of course mine in't there too) Example of adress : Luisedalsvägen (6+ years!)

I'd say that for Swedish users Tomtom S U C K S (!) and this is because of the OLD (though 2002) TeleAtlas maps!

For me tomtom with Navtech maps would have been the #1 choice but now Destinator 3 is doing it much safer !

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: