Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mio & TMC
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mio & TMC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klystron_generator wrote:

it looks like C710 users with fully operational TMC are extremely fortunate

To avoid arguments over who gets to use the C710 we have just bought another one for the other car, and cloned all the settings. Now we can both avoid the jams :D

Sal
ernest_mio
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sallyann wrote:
klystron_generator wrote:

it looks like C710 users with fully operational TMC are extremely fortunate

To avoid arguments over who gets to use the C710 we have just bought another one for the other car, and cloned all the settings. Now we can both avoid the jams :D

Sal

Sal - in my mind the jury is still out on tmc - I was offered a 40 mile detour around a non-existant hold up this morning.

Going anticlockwise on the M25 and was offered a route that was clockwise.

The info is available but you still need to apply some thought before blindly following.
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ernest_mio wrote:

The info is available but you still need to apply some thought before blindly following.

Yes, as with EVERYTHING that the GPS tells you. It's just advice, you take it or leave it. But if you don't see the information, you have no choice.

Sal
klystron_generator
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the whole TMC thing's a mess and trying to find information... Sad
spinkyfred
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
it looks like C710 users with fully operational TMC are extremely fortunate Smile

Already posted on another forum without a real solution I have a Mio C710 and the TMC works but plugging the supplied aerial into the shared aerial/earphone socket cuts off the direction speech and device bleeps etc. Am I the only one with this problem as no one else seems to have mentioned it here. If I pull the aerial plug out a little bit it seems to restore the sounds to the C710 but it's not always reliable. Surely sharing the ear-phone socket with the aerial socket seems to be a mistake or is there something else I should be doing?
GPSBear
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds almost as if the plug is miswired.

Does the TMC work when the sound is cut off?
Does the TMC work when you pull it out a bit and get the sound back?

Sorry but your post was not 100% clear on that.

If you have a multi meter it might be worth sticking a pin into the lead and seeing which band on the plug is connected. Sal has posted the pin outs in another thread.
Sallyann
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GPSBear wrote:
Sounds almost as if the plug is miswired.

It does, or it could be that the socket has been damaged. Can you hear the messages/beeps on the supplied earphones when plugged in?

Sal
JohnRicketts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spinkyfred wrote:
Quote:
it looks like C710 users with fully operational TMC are extremely fortunate Smile

Already posted on another forum without a real solution I have a Mio C710 and the TMC works but plugging the supplied aerial into the shared aerial/earphone socket cuts off the direction speech and device bleeps etc. Am I the only one with this problem as no one else seems to have mentioned it here. If I pull the aerial plug out a little bit it seems to restore the sounds to the C710 but it's not always reliable. Surely sharing the ear-phone socket with the aerial socket seems to be a mistake or is there something else I should be doing?

OK, the problem is that the plug is not engaging correctly. If not properly engaged (check the plug shoulder for poor machining or a lump of plastic or something). The Mio "thinks" that a headphone has been connected which is why it mutes.

I had the same problem whilst feeding mine via an arial split yesterday. If you can handle a bit of soldering, you can either replace the plug on the supplide arial (connecting to the 3rd contact from the tip) or do as i did and procure an arial splitter to feed it from the car arial. (Note that if arial is not passive you will need a de-coupling capacitor).

I've just posted this elsewhere, but the connections (from the tip) are:- left ear/right ear/TMC arial/shield-0v

John
JohnRicketts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnRicketts wrote:
spinkyfred wrote:
Quote:

OK, the problem is that the plug is not engaging correctly. If not properly engaged (check the plug shoulder for poor machining or a lump of plastic or something). The Mio "thinks" that a headphone has been connected which is why it mutes.

I had the same problem whilst feeding mine via an arial split yesterday. If you can handle a bit of soldering, you can either replace the plug on the supplide arial (connecting to the 3rd contact from the tip) or do as i did and procure an arial splitter to feed it from the car arial. (Note that if arial is not passive you will need a de-coupling capacitor).

I've just posted this elsewhere, but the connections (from the tip) are:- left ear/right ear/TMC arial/shield-0v

John

Just hang on a mo before using this pin-out.....even though it works for me, Sallyann is disagreeing with it....wait till we've reached a qualified agreement.
JohnRicketts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnRicketts wrote:
JohnRicketts wrote:
spinkyfred wrote:
Quote:

John

Just hang on a mo before using this pin-out.....even though it works for me, Sallyann is disagreeing with it....wait till we've reached a qualified agreement.

OK have now investigated. I apologise fror muddying the waters. Sallyann is correct. The pin out is from the tip ;earpiece/earpiece/0v/TMC
the_pts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All

Just had the following email from MIO

"Mio Technology Support

Dear Mr. / Ms

Thank you for contacting our Mio Technology Support Team.

The TMC function now is available all over Great Brittian.

Hopefully we could inform you sufficiently.

Kind regards,

Mio Technology support team. "

I'll try it tonight

Pete
klystron_generator
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what system will you be trying the TMC on?
the_pts
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C210
klystron_generator
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think we'll all be interested to hear how you get on
darthpaul
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So does this mean they've bought a license or something and that TMC will work now with all Miomaps?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 10 of 14

Jump to: