Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Announcement - Dave Burrows joins the GPS Sector
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Announcement - Dave Burrows joins the GPS Sector
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 11:42 pm    Post subject: Announcement - Dave Burrows joins the GPS Sector Reply with quote

Most active PocketGPSWorld.com readers are probably aware that at the end of 2003 the company I had worked for, for 7 years was making huge redundancies, and unfortunately I was amongst many of the casualties.

PocketGPSWorld.com is something that I have put my heart and soul into over the past 18 months in my spare time, and it's really surpassed all of my expectations and the rest of the team's expectations.

As PocketGPSWorld.com has been a huge success, I have taken a very long look at what I have achieved here, and what I could achieve elsewhere and as the IT sector is still in turmoil and a recession, I have decided to put the knowledge I have learnt over these past 18 months to the test and join full time employment in the GPS Sector. I have been in discussion with a number of companies which I have had good relationships with for many months, and am delighted to say that several of which have offered positions to me, and I would like to announce that I will be joining the GPS Warehouse team.

GPS Warehouse are a good retailer who are passionate about GPS in the UK and around the world, and they feel that it would be advantageous to have me onboard as I continually help shape the GPS market and hopefully to help in the same way with the company.

Why am I telling you all this ? I want to be totally open and upfront with everyone. Some people may feel that joining the GPS sector as my mainstream day job and a GPS Retailer that things will drastically change with PocketGPSWorld.com, I am here to state on record it will not!

Any confidential and pre-release information I am priviliged to be given for PocketGPSWorld.com will remain that way, just like GPS Warehouse would not like me to discuss personal and internal information with the rest of the world. Although I will be working for a company that sells GPS products, I will not be biased to particular products that are sold at GPS Warehouse, and nor will PocketGPSWorld.com. If a product is bad, I and the rest of the team here at PocketGPSWorld.com will still report it as bad, if it's good we will sing it's praises. The team here have been aware of this since talks had begun and all openly welcome this, and I feel that this is a good step forward both for myself in broadening my knowledge in GPS, also for PocketGPSWorld.com and you the readers to gain much more experience in GPS, but also for GPS Warehouse to have on tap the knowledge I have gained and the tasks accomplished over the past 18 months.

If anyone, at all, has any concerns, please email me personally! I would like to think that people will welcome this, and I would also like to say that I am excited and enthusiastic about this move, PocketGPSWorld.com will still continue as is, and since it's inception and creation it has always been to produce unbiased reviews and supply unbiased advice, and I think you will all agree we have accomplished this millions of times over and will continue to do so.

As some of you are aware there are some big projects we have been working on, and this will re-affirm our position as the most knowledgable GPS team in the market place, and we are extremely excited about these projects, but more will be revealed a little later once we are close to releasing these to the website.

So please stay tuned, have a great New Year and keep watching the website for the latest news and reviews!
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,

Best wishes with your new job. We all wish you success, and the opportunity to broaden your horizons and experience.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike!

And it might be worth while stating that I will be working primarily at a remote location and not in the GPS Warehouse office, so please, don't start swamping the GPS Warehouse phone lines for free telephone support! Wink As I won't be there most of the time!
RobMob
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave

Good luck with the new job. Thanks to you and the team for all the hard work you have put in over the last 18 months and the guidance you have given. Long may it continue.

Best wishes for the New Year.

Rob Mob
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob, we have some great things in store coming soon! 8)
Oldie
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,

Wishing you all the best in your new job and thank you for all your past efforts on our behalf Thumbs Up .

Best wishes for the New Year.

Richard
Commander
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave

Glad to hear that your redundancy had a happy ending. I think GPS Warehouse are the real gainers, but delighted that you will still be associated with this excellent site. I'm certain that GPS is a real growth industry so this time I hope you have a job for life.

Thanks for all the info you have imparted so far.

Peter
russgunn
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Dave on successfully finding a suitable job for your talents. I think I can speak for everyone when I say we would all hate to be in the position of being made redundant. It's good that you've found something and even better that it's ended up being in a sector you have plenty of knowledge of.
Ludde
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Dave
Many happy returns to the new year and good luck with the new job.
Thanks for yor help with my GPS problems.
Lars-Erik Lundin
Sweden
Ludde
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ludde wrote:
Hello Dave
Many happy returns to the new year and good luck with the new job.
Thanks for your help with my GPS problems.
Lars-Erik Lundin
Sweden
Ludde
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxxx
nicknick
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Luck with the job Dave.

We all know that web sites such as yours are not a way of making money yet, even though they are such a valuable source of information.

I'm sure that there are few people better qualified due to your hard work, just make sure GPS Warehouse realise it too!!

Don't worry about being biased, we'll keep you on the straight and narrow (I don't think people here are backward in coming forward)
stuart
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: GOOD LUCK AND BEST WISHES Reply with quote

I wish you all the very best in your brave venture. I will still be here in deepest Dorset checking you out from day to day.....My 'Friends' are still in contact with me and keep me updated....No, I'm not spying for them, they pay for my pension.....

All the best..
Stuart
handnav
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave,

Good Luck with your new job and future. Keep in touch.

Regards
Chetan
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Eeveryone for all your comments! :D

Basically it's business as usual, previously I was a Security Consultant creating and breaking security systems and helping keep secure various networks which I'm sure some of you figured out by checking my personal website, so it is a huge change for me, but seeing what I have accomplished here in the past 18 months (with the help of the team of course! Wink ) I think it's reduced that huge change down to a minor one for me.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: