Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Handnav... I wish I hadn't...
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Handnav... I wish I hadn't...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sandman_2ooo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 12:53 pm    Post subject: Handnav... I wish I hadn't... Reply with quote

Hi,

Well, I found my ideal IPAQ holder (smartclip & IPAQ 2210 holder) so that I can use everything to navigate whilst on holiday over Xmas. I got the Haicom 204e from www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk - very happy with the service (2 days to deliver), and the performance of the GPS itself.

However, I order from handnav 2 weeks ago. I have emailed them twice since then to ask about my order... I need the order to be delivered before the 20th, and I am losing faith that this will happen.

I think maybe this company should be avoided - I don't mind them taking 2-3 weeks to deliver, but not keeping me updated is ridiculous. In addition, I was promised I would recieve the item this week, but I am doubting that this will happen.

Alex

PS - great site.. I have used to quite alot, but this is the first time I have felt the urge to post!
sandman_2ooo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add, I did phone them the day after my order to check something - this was when I was promised delivery this week.

Alex
sandman_2ooo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to give them another ring. I finally got through, spoke to someone who was actually very helpful - they said I will recieve the parcel tomorrow.

Heres to hoping,

Alex
sandman_2ooo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't recieve the product today, so I phoned up again to enquire whether they had recieved the stock.

The guy I spoke to (I am assuming Chetan - hope this is correct) was extremely helpful - they are also sending my parcel via Special Delivery so I will recieve it tomorrow definitely.

I think I owe an apology to Handnav for my original post. I am someone who is used to next day delivery etc etc - I didn't really take into account the Xmas rush. In addition to this, the person explained to me the problem they are having getting hold of the clips - originally I didn't see why as I view them as probably the best solution for PDA's - however with only one supplier, I can definitely see the problem, and it is not with Handnav. This, coupled with it being the Xmas period, means that there are delays in recieving the clips (smartclip in my case) and holders. I did mention quick delivery for my gps mouse from a competitor - however, this would have also been the case with Handnav... their sole issue lies with the clips at this time of the year.

I hope that you all take the time to read this - Handnav should be cut some slack if you are waiting for clips/holders. I also have to thank them for having great customer services (as long as you ring). My credit ran out on my PAYG phone - they rang me back within 30s to continue the phone call.

Thanks,

Alex
(Now a happy customer)
sandman_2ooo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my product as promised... I have to say, this has to be the best solution for in-car mounting (smart clip/brodit holder for 2210).

Nice one Thumbs Up

Alex
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad it all worked out, to be fair to Handnav, the problem seems to be getting hold of Brodit stock Sad

Anyway, as I keep saying, the Brodit mount solution is the dog's danglies, I have two in my car, one 2210 active mount and another 3630 active mount, I haven't heard of one dissappointed purchased of their solutions Thumbs Up
russgunn
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with you Darren that I think most people find it tough to source Brodit stuff sometimes, probably because they're very good, well made and in demand.

I don't see that as an excuse not to keep a paying customer updated with the progress of their order though, nor does it mean they don't have to respond to e-mails. For me, it's even more annoying not getting a response from the company, than actually not receiving the goods!

Just my two pennies worth.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're absolutely right, communication is the key, if you are up front with the customer and update them on the reasons for the delay etc then the most people are happy. It's not enough to simply have an email address for queries, if you advertise a contact address then it needs to be monitored and queries etc actioned. Many companies fall foul here.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: