Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - M60 Junctions 22 to 23 roadworks
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

M60 Junctions 22 to 23 roadworks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmuskett
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: M60 Junctions 22 to 23 roadworks Reply with quote

Resurfacing work is to be carried out on the M60 between junctions 22 and 23 from now until October. And what's the first stage of the work - installing the specs cameras to police the 40 mph speed limit. They're up now, but with small "Cameras not working" signs on the bottom of the poles.

Has anyone submitted them yet? If not what is the best way of getting the positions, given that they're on a motorway where it's hard to stop to get a good position? And what positioning info is needed for specs cameras - just the first one on a stretch, or each one? Although there are some on slip roads which I assume will need capturing too.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC you have a TomTom One - have you considered installing POICapture this is a very effective method for recording the locations of cameras, have a read through the link in red - Mike
bmuskett
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do recall correctly, you must have a prodigious memory.

I have POICapture installed, but how do I capture the position when travelling at speed, without a passenger? I had a look tonight on the way past - the hard shoulder is already coned off, so I can't really make a quick stop.

At what point in the process does POIC record the position information? Could I go part way through the process, hit the button to capture the position as I pass, then complete the capture later on? It would take a few passes to get them all, but I drive past them every day to and from work so it wouldn't take too long.

And do I need to get every set, or just the first?
bmuskett
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I've just read the POICapture page again and registered the line "The position is recorded when the Capture POI button is tapped..."

So if I hit the Capture button as I pass and record the rest of the details later, will that give an accurate enough position?
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmuskett wrote:
So if I hit the Capture button as I pass and record the rest of the details later, will that give an accurate enough position?
Yes, but the screen won't Revert to a Map Screen.;)

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
bmuskett
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the first one this morning on the way into work. Unfortunately I think I double tapped so it's recorded as a red light camera. I'll check the position information later and see how it looks, but POICapture takes a few seconds to load after you tap the icon. At what point in the load process does it get the position?

Another thing that occurred to me is how long it takes to get cameras verified and into the database. As the roadworks are due to finish in October, what are the chances of getting them on before then?
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmuskett wrote:
At what point in the load process does it get the position?
After the program has loaded into memory the first time, it traps the data when you tap the POICapture Icon.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These cameras go live on Monday 31/07/06 so take care and attention through that section, I don't think a miss hit reporting a red light camera on a motorway would be taken as serious though.

I am not aware of any redlight cameras on motorways, they maybe present upon certain controlled slip roads (if not yet they probably will be - more cash machines), you can submitt the Lat/ Long of the locations if you want, these can be extracted from the file named PocketGPScameras.ov2 that will be in you GB Map folder (you can open this in POIEdit to see the lat/ long info dependent upon the version used) - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: