Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - garmin 310d
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

garmin 310d

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
happy1nurse
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: garmin 310d Reply with quote

i have loaded the poi from garmen, when i put in the usb it comes up with gstart, and opens window media player. what do i want to do with it. have down loaded speed files and tryied to put in to poi loader but says there are no files to add, please help. dont know what i am doing at all. Confused
sherman
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you unzipped the files to a folder ??
if not then unzip, open up the garmin POI Loader
then search for the files in the folder make sure your garmin is switched on and also make sure the POI loader is set to MPH :D
happy1nurse
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: garmin Reply with quote

hi thanks for info, but this is where i am not computer wiz, but how do i unzip files, when i down loaded them there was many do i do this to all,
so if i understand this, i open speed files, and then?? click on each one and is there something to say unzip. plaese could you advise how to do this, or send me email explaining me in simple terms would be very helpfull, if you dont mind. happy1nurse@aol.com
pitstop
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right click on the folder that contains all the zipped files. You should then get an option to unzip them. Chose this and they are unzipped for you and put in another folder. (you can then delete the zipped files folder). Itys the unzipped files that you need to load in your POI loader. HTH.
happy1nurse
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: garmin 310 Reply with quote

ok so i think i get that bit. is there anyone on here with a garmin. that could email me the info. so i can print it and follow. i am sure not all nurses are as thick as me.Laughing Out Loud

so when i put my garmin in to comp do i go on to the loader?? the bit i saw was browes filles, so i guess it is that bit?? this is starting to make sence now...i think
sherman
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep thats the bit make a new folder up name it something like speed camera the extract the unzipped files to that folder then browse the folder with the Garmin POI loader (I normally use the speed zoned files) and the loader should install onto your unit what gamin have you got and no I dont think your thick if you want to pm me and leave your email will get in touch that way also :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: