Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - hi all please help a beginner
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

hi all please help a beginner
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
happyhero
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also I cannot tell on my TomTom Go what model I have. When I bought it, it was the only one out, does that help anybody tell me which one I have. There was no 500 or 700 about.
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happyhero

you can't download the files until you have subscribed - either £2 for one month or £19 for a year. When you have subscribed you will be able to get into the Members area through the links on the left hand side of this screen.

As to what your TT is - it could be a Classic as I think the 300, 500 and 700 came out together. However I am sure that there are those that will know one way or another for certain. In any event you will need the same camera database no matter what version of the TT Go you have.
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
happyhero
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply peterc10. But why did it used to be free and now you have to pay? Is there anywhere else you can still get it for free?

Also my software version is version 4.420 I think I could upgrade that but what would the upgrade do, would it update the maps with new roads etc, and could I get that for free or do I have to pay for that?

Appreciate the help.
wah
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: hi all please help a beginner Reply with quote

[quote="speedy_ste"]hi all im new to all this and need some help. I have just got a tom tom go 700. I want to download the speed camera database and POIcapture but i am having problems. please help this is doing my head in. :
wah
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: hi all please help a beginner Reply with quote

[quote="wah"][quote="speedy_ste"]hi all im new to all this and need some help. I have just got a tom tom go 700 from Total PDA uk. I want to download the speed camera database and POIcapture,what i got sent from TotalPDA but i am having problems.PDA says we got the database TomTom_OV2_UK_-_Consolidated_by_type_(Gatso,Mobile,etc).zip (0.11 MB )from YOU. I CAN'T GET IT ON MY TOM TOM GO 700,
Please help me
thanks..
WAH Sad Crying or Very sad
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happyhero - because it was costing a lot of time to maintain and would need even more in the future I believe. Do you believe that people should give their time endlessly without being paid? It is so little to pay for a quality product.

And no there is nowhere else that you can get a legitimate version of this database for free.

Wah - before you can download the database on this site you need to be a subscriber - £2 per month or £19 per year. Once you have subscribed follow the link to speed cameras in the members area and you will find a link to a detailed explanation of how you can download - it is very easy for the TT700.
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wah, you need to sort out how to use the "quote" system! Laughing

If you want to copy and paste something as a quote, copy the text, click on the "Quote" button just above the text entry box, paste the text then press the "*Quote" button again. This should put {quote} at the front and {/quote} at the end (with square, not curly brackets, but I can't type those without it trying to make it into a quote! :D).

Also, If you want to quote a previous reply you can just hit the other "quote" button in the top right of the post, and that will automatically put the correct tags in (including the original poster's name).
You can then edit the quote to shorten it, if you want, so long as you leave the [tags] at the front and back .
oncer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, I've just got a Tom Tom Rider and I thinks it's brilliant. I've updated my speed camera's from on here and didn't have a problem. I've only just done it but I've noticed one in my area that has been removed so I've reported it to this site. Great work guys and gals, keep it up. :D
Andy
arpinun
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: speed camera logo Reply with quote

hi all nice site, however after updating the speed cameras on my navman icn520,

i seem to get a blue circle and a cross rather than the logo for speed cameras, if you know what i mean , how can i get this to display the speed camera logo ,

thanks

david
pazor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all :D
First of thx for this site ive installed everything and it works a treat apart from what im gonna ask now Laughing
Ive installed the data.chk file for the poi (speed cameras) but the voices give the longest warning of 60 but the tom tom one wont allow under 100 so it says gatsco 60 when its really 100 ?
am i making sence 8O
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pazor wrote:
am i making sence 8O
I'm afraid not Laughing
pazor wrote:
Ive installed the data.chk file for the poi (speed cameras) but the voices give the longest warning of 60 but the tom tom one wont allow under 100 so it says gatsco 60 when its really 100 ?
On TomTom Navigator (and therefore I presume One, although her ladyship won't let me play with it) you set a) the warning distance & b) the sound for each set of POIs. I think above that you are confusing the distance & the sound? If you do a bit of a search you will find a table of suggested distances for each speed limit.

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
mrobo77
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: help Reply with quote

hi mate where can i get the latest poi need them for work asap thanks mick

alix776 wrote:
heres the page for the speed camera database http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras.php
7272Andy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and Welcome to the forums Thumbs Up

The latest SpeedCam POIs are available Here or by clicking the speed cameras link at the top of the page.
mrobo77
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

7272Andy wrote:
Hi and Welcome to the forums Thumbs Up

The latest SpeedCam POIs are available Here or by clicking the speed cameras link at the top of the page.
thanksmick
pazor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to explain my question, when playing the voices i have for one the option of gatsco 60,40,50 i think,
it that the speed its telling me or the distance it is to the camera ?
because if its the distance the limlit of distance i can set a poi warning is 100

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 3 of 14

Jump to: