Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - OS GPS Convertor v2.1 released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

OS GPS Convertor v2.1 released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kartracer
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It stands for "World Geodetic System 1984", but that may not make it any clearer. Try Google.
alanf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: OS GPS Convertor v2.1 released Reply with quote

barryd wrote:
Version 2.1 - a response to feedback on 2.0/2.0.1 - is now available

Just wanted to say thanks, great program and appreciate the Destinator support! Very useful in the field for finding carparks listed in guide books.

It works fine with my Acer n35, Destinator v3.0.75.
sms36875
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: OSGPS.OV2 file location for tomtom poi setting Reply with quote

Hi Barry

Firstly may I add my thanks for a very useful app. I have however come across a small issue. I was previously using OS GPS convertor V2.1 with my Qtek9090 running Windows mobile 2003 and Tomtom Navigator 5. Under settings/tomtom I would define the POI/map folder as required. In my case this was \Storage Card\Great_Britain-Map. OS GPS would then retain this setting. I have now migrated to a Qtek 9100 running Windows mobile 2005 and Tomtom Navigator 5. Again I have installed OS GPS convertor V2.1. This time, however, each time I enter a grid reference, convert it and select tomtom POI, the error message "osgps.ov2 file location not set. use settings - TomTom menu to set it then try again" I can set it and the POI is created but it does not retain the path detail next time I use OS GPS convertor. Another symptom is that the grid reference entered, used to remain in the field next time I used the app. Now it does not. It looks like the details are not stored. Is there a fix for this like a manual entry some where or running the app from a particular folder etc?
barryd
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there
This problem is also being discussed in another thread. Seems that it doesn't save its settings under Windows Mobile 2005. I've no idea why not, and I don't have a Pocket PC that runs 2005 so can't really do much to work out why not. I do appreciate that this is annoying for those people affected. If I do get anywhere with it, I will post again.
Paul Sharpe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to install PS GPS Convertor to run on a Windows Mobile 5 device.

Sorry if this is a really daft question but the installation requires a shortcut to be created in the Windows\Start Menu\Programs folder.

I can't find a folder called Windows or one called Start Menu or one called Programs on my device.

Is the folder called something different in Mobile 5

Or is my reading of the previous two posts that there isn't any point in trying to use the program with Windows Mobile 5?
barryd
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul
Others do seem to have got it working in Windows Mobile 2005, apart from the fact that the option settings aren't getting saved between runs. This will be either no problem, mildly irritating, or a show stopper, depending on what they're using it for.
I assume it's being used on Pocket PCs, I would not expect it to run on a smartphone, but as I've said before I don't have any device running this operating system so cannot provide any knowledgeable advice.
Sorry I can't be more helpful.
Paludour
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Windows Mobile 5 and Tomtom, you can try GPS2Blue ( http://users.skynet.be/hofinger/GPS2Blue.html ).
geedoubleyou
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barryd,
On your site of OS GPS Convertor v 2.1 you give an excellent disciption of how to install the programm. You also mention a possible error while Using with TomTom navigator: At step 4 you may see the message "Error code 11 - sharing error." I recieved that error but your suggestions didn't help. What did help was the following: leave the TomTom programm (N5) / start OS GPS Convertor on the pocket pc / make a poi as you describe / start TomTom and use the poi. It works in my case anyway. Maybe this is usefull to you. Thanks for the great programm!
strega
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all!

I have been using Barryd's OS Gps Convertor 2.1 program for a while now and have found it to be very very useful with tomtom 5.21 so you could imagine how excited I was when version 2.2 was released with the ability to show POI directly on map.

I downloaded the new program immediatly and set it up exactly as stated on the site with the .cap file in the SdkRegistry folder as well as a new .mnu file etc. I then also created the SdkFileCalls folder as specified because I definetly wanted to use the show on tomtom map function.

I have no trouble calling OS Gps Convertor from the new tomtom menu, I set a coordinate, convert as TomTom POI but instead of seeing the new POI on the Map it goes back to the normal navigation screen. What am I doing wrong. I would really like this to work.

Please Help.
Regards
Strega Confused Confused
a4gom
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick question, I've just found this thread and am trying to download the osgps but can't get the page to open? Has it moved?
gacrane
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi a4gom

It does appear to have moved

Try this one

http://www.freenetpages.co.uk/hp/barrydavies/osgps_main.html

Then go to the SetUp section and you should be able to download the zip file

Hope this helps

Graham
giom
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: barryb Reply with quote

Hello
I am French to excuse I for the faults.

I shall want to know if it is possible to change the format of OSGPS because in France we use the Lambert
Thank you
barryd
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there
Sorry, but I've no plans to develop it any further at the moment.
giom
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello
I would want if possible your sources to modify your program and add the French geodesic system the Lambert.

Thank you
barryd
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I'm reluctant to do this for several reasons, most notably:
- I don't have the source to hand, having changed PCs, and while I doubtless have several backups of it somewhere, my backup filing is rather primitive and retrieval time would be considerable.
- It grew organically, and I can honestly say that it would probably be quicker for you to start from scratch than try to unravel its logic. Each update that I did to it, I spent more time trying to work out how it worked myself than I did making the changes to it.
That said, I'm happy to give any helpful info about it that I can. If there's some aspect of how it works that you can't work out how to do yourself, please ask. I should be able to explain it or at least point you in the right direction.
I don't know exactly what computation you need for your particular grid, but if you google for "Helmert 7 point transformation" and for "WGS84 Lambert" you will find plenty of starting points for finding out.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: