Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Halfords Again
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Halfords Again
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marksfish
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's as maybe, but buy something in auction format from eBay and trading standards will tell you that you have lost all your rights as a consumer that you would have had if you had purchased from a store. That said, if you use Buy it Now, you still have your rights.

I found this out after making a purchase which was no good and asked trading standards for help, with no luck.

Mark
Borg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been discussed many a time on the UK.EBay news group. There have been a few test cases about legal rights but most legal advice sides with

Individual sellers, you have little rights
EBay shops or traders selling on there you have SOG behind you.

It's no different to buying out of Exchange and Mart or any other way . It also has DSA laws to consider.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pip510
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too had a problem with one of the retailers from here (handtec) whom insisted that I contact Tom Tom for a replacement part that I had recieved from them after I had owned this piece for more than 28 days they said that I was out of their Warranty period and that it was up to Tom Tom to replace the item.
I already knew of my rights and quoted the sale of good act and that it was thier responsibility up to this item being 12 months old.

Any ways to cut a long story short they replaced the item.

It does work you just have to be persistant with it!

Let's Be Safe Out There
A7mag3ddon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having just spent the last 6 months going through a small claims courts with something i would like to make a couple of comments to some of the above posts.

Comapnies as a whole, dont think the customer will go that far in contacting TS or Small claims, thats why they ignore them or fob you off. So the big chains do try it on as well to get out of the hassle of costs.

Its far easier top put a claim in these days, online has all the forms, only time you need to call in is to file the claim and pay (if you dont have CC for online payment)

for £80 i took a company to court twice, saw a judge and then called the balifs in to seize property to sell off.

Well worth the satisfaction i can tell you, of wiping the smug grin of the person/company who says you can go jump for your money/refund/repair etc.

Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: