Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Checkpoint 2.02 & Speed warning properties
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Checkpoint 2.02 & Speed warning properties

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heyou
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:59 pm    Post subject: Checkpoint 2.02 & Speed warning properties Reply with quote

I can't figure out what the configurable speed warning properties is about!

I understand the rest of the setting, Detection, First waring, Last warning but what am i supposed to do in the Speed warning screen?

Del.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the possibilities with CheckPOInt is to create POI's of camera sites based on the speed limit i.e. a POI containing all camera sites in 30 limit, 40 limit etc.

This way you can set CheckPOInt to alarm only if you exceed the speed limit set as you approach that POI.

As it stands our database does not contain speed info for every camera and so we only supply one global POI database of all camera sites. As CheckPOInt also allows a user to record the speed for new camera sites we may in future break the database down by speed in a future release once we have the necessary information.
Heyou
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Darren. I figured that was the case but i wondered if i'd missed something and wasn't fully implementing CPs abilities to integrate the database. OK good, so the future as far as CP is concerned is catered for.

A further point about CP, is there any feedback on what is the optimal degrees look ahead setting should be set to, to stop triggering the warning for Safety, hahaha...cough...ahem, Cameras on the opposite side of the road/dual carrigeway/motorway etc.

Del.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've played around with the detection settings but to be honest the default's are the best in my opinion, restricting the field of detection can cause issues if you approach a camera located around a bend whilst widening them gives too many alarms for cameras that are off to the lsft or right on adjacent or intersecting roads Exclamation
Heyou
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem only to be able to use CheckPOInt to warn me of impending speed cameras if i'm not navigating a route. If i'm navigating the speed camera warnings don't seem to be functioning! is that right or have i missed something, that would be normal for me.

Del.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It certainly should be warning you regardless of mode or active route. Do you get the on screen bar graph display and no sound? I don't have my PocketPc to hand at the moment but will note the settings tomorrow and reply in this thread.
Heyou
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Darren, i'm doing a long run tomorrow so i should be able to tell if it's functioning correctly. I know it works OK if i have the navigator screen up, the graph bar rises, the POIs show up and the sound alerts work, very impressive.

Maybe on the 2 routes i asked it to navigate me to just happened to be in an area that that had nothing to warn me about.

A further point if i may, others have mentioned that the ICE is working overtime then obviously you won't hear the warning, you mentioned the graph bar, is there another visual method that can be displayed? I was thinking of something rather obvious like the whole screen turning red and flashing for a few seconds saying !! Cash Machine ahead !! then after it reverts to the normal display. I guess this is something for the developer to include for warning display options.

Del.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bar graph is the only visual alert, you can configure the audible alert to override navigation prompts if you desire, the choice of which is most important is up to you though Wink

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: