Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - What to buy
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

What to buy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrstella
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: What to buy Reply with quote

Hi all

I am looking for a sat nav device including speed camera alerts.

Been looking at the Road angel navigator but been reading a few bad reports about it, was the considering the snooper indago but then realised that i could look at a tom tom go 300 with the speed camera plus pack.

What would you guys recommend.

Regards

Peter
DGH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Indago Disappointment - Prev.Posted(sheep in wolf clothing) Reply with quote

I have a bit of an axe to grind with the indago - this is very pleasing on the style front, but I would strongly advise that anybody considering this instrument checks very carefully the finer detail of its performance against the claims made by snooper (performance products).

I have one and had cause to express disappointment over many non-functioning key POIs, some unfinished POI icons, poor street-level mapping detail, direction errors, missed speed camera sites, clumsy tools for point-on-map navigation and some very odd mapping errors (Skegness appearing on the west coast, Enfield below London etc). My impression was that the Tom Tom offered far better value for money and I feel especially let down by the marketing director of performance products, whose responses were initially appropriately apologetic - expressing interest in the many reported errors, but soon reverted to a systematic defence of the Indago and denial that there was reason for disappointment on my part, despite me having provided them with digital photographs of mapping errors and specific examples of non-functioning features and comparative mapping Indago v Tom Tom.

The dialogue took on a note of exasperation on the part of the marketing director who claimed that it was not clear what I expected them to do as they were seemingly trying to help but I would not let them. In reality, performance products offered only weak defence of these problems in the form of :- POIs being a third-party product that really should not have included a number of sites and locations, as they were not available on the Indago and that my preference of the Tom Tom was a personal one that I was entitled to. The poor street-level mapping on the Indago was dismissed as differences in OS and that changing the colour of the map was advised - this of course does not add detail to the uninspiring minimalist mapping, it only makes it a different colour. Because there R&D department were apparently unable to reproduce the inverted mapping I had illustrated, this also was dismissed and the unspecified symbols that are in abundance across the map were simply explained as something they were in the process of amending.

When I reiterated the seat of my disappointment in this product based upon specific faults, performance discrepancies and comparative lack of software tools on the Indago, compared to the Tom Tom that costs approximately half the price. This was met by a number of extremely offensive (on a personal level) responses that left me in no doubt that I was wasting my time.

Any positive features of this product are, in my opinion, offset by its failure to entirely meet the specifications given in the product literature and operator menus, its failure to match the functionality of considerably lesser-priced and in many respects more versatile products (namely Tom Tom v5.21 on PDA), and moreover, the highly unprofessional attitude of the marketing director of performance products.
mrstella
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eww sorry to hear that.

I have made up my mind anyway to hang around till the end of march see what new products are about to be leaunched and then either go for a new tom tom product or get the tom tom one.

Cheers for your input though

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: