Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New version of iPAQ iNS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New version of iPAQ iNS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Foresterr
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: New version of iPAQ iNS Reply with quote

I've read that there is a new version of the iPAQ navigation system out now. Should have read this before but I'm new to gps. I have just bought an iNS version 1.2 with cf128Mb and copilot v 3.1.5 from DABS.com, which came without the software code to install the software to my lap top. Finally got a code from Compaq, but my point is that does anyone know if there is a free upgrade to the new copilot software as I feel let down by buying the previous version when there is a new version out.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: New version of iPAQ iNS Reply with quote

There is an upgrade to iNS 2, but not free. Check this thread for some more info.
Foresterr
Occasional Visitor

I e-mailed Anthony at Team Warrior and if you bought the iNS system within 30 days of an new release you are entitled to a free software upgrade The new release (version 3) is based on pocket copilot 4. I believe that there is a backlog forming for this upgrade as I have left my details with Team Warrior three times now without reply, but I will keep trying.
Ianh100
Occasional Visitor

I had an update from Team Warrior and the software is not due for release for a few weeks yet but you can pre order. An upgrade from the current iNS version is £150 plus VAT. I personally think this is a bit steep for an upgrade.

Ian
MarkP
Occasional Visitor

You know I think this sucks. I spent £600 on the software and sleeve package with an understanding that there would be regular upgrades. We got 2 in fact and now we are expected to shell out again?!
naquada
Occasional Visitor

finally ordered my upgrade today (after 3 days of trying) apparently they will start shipping them tomorrow (14th august). yes its a bit steep and i'm still not 100% clear on the difference between team warriors version and the copilot 4/live version but...

i had INS since they started (serial 153.. Smile ) and its come a long way... mainly i'm interested in the POI's and the possible traffic reports... once i've got it up and running I'll be putting some information up on www.sutffiwant.co.uk but i guess the software is exactly the same as the copilot 4 review here?
clarem
Occasional Visitor

Naquada - has iNS v3 arrived yet? What do you think of it? Did you need to activate it via the internet - or is activation disabled for the iNS sleve?

Awaiting your info with anticipation...
naquada
Occasional Visitor

Quote: Originally posted by clarem on 18 August 2003

Naquada - has iNS v3 arrived yet? What do you think of it? Did you need to activate it via the internet - or is activation disabled for the iNS sleve?

Awaiting your info with anticipation...

yes it arrived on friday last, had some issues installing but generally down to my setup of my tablepc (not having a cddrive that works!)

its good.. althought the passenger map view is much smaller than the old 3.x system. the voice is different as well in that it now cannot pronounce 'miles' coming out as 'meeles' the teamwarrior (ins) cd's come with the livewrie stuff (traffic and talking mail) bit dissapointed with these as they dont use the gps system as far as I can see.. so its not aware of 'where' you are.. so youhave to tell it your route.. copilot 4 has live features such as messaging and feedback to a pc about your position, and the help files go into depth on traffic reporting (looks great showing road problems on the actual gps map) but it seems the feature isnt available on the current 4.0 release Sad((

the system comes on 2 CD's one for the program and one for the maps

size of the maps is much smaller than 3.x (the whole UK and all POI's fit on 90meg)

you do have to authorise even with a INS jacket.. although just put the ipaq in the cradle and the install will authorise it..

one issue i talked to teamwarrior about was that it appears that you can NEVER upgrade to euro maps... once you've selected UK thats it... team warrior seemed to think it was just their letter that was misleading, but the ALK install on the ipaq also said the same in big bold letters...

I also had issues getting the jacket to see the compact flash card in the side of the INS jacket after the install.. i solved this by puttint the legacy drivers for the ALK jacket onto my ipaq (included on the CD) but somethignin the manul or readme woudl have been good (i think this only applied to 36xx ipaqs... full review once i get back from my travels in germany Sad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: