Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Flat battery!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Flat battery!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Flat battery! Reply with quote

I lent my iPAQ/Navman combination to my wife to aid her navigation around the wilds of the East Riding of Yorkshire, so naturally she let the battery go flat! After recharging, etc., I tried to resynchronise, but my PC thinks it's a new device and won't let me call it what I used to, which was iPAQ3970. Is there any (simple) way to remove the id from the desktop? I don't mind a little registry editing, but that's about as far as it goes. I have a recent backup, but can't use it as the id is different, but if I can reset the id then this would take away a lot of the pain.

Help me out, all you gurus, please.

Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Flat battery! Reply with quote

You can dive into the registry and I think remove it from there, but it's not something I've tried before. I've always changed the name to something different. It won't affect any software you've purchased, just make sure if you sync files, you copy them out of your old sync directory and into your new sync directory, or do a one-way sync from Pocket PC to PC when you've setup the new partnership.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

if you are using version 3.7 of Active Sync then remove the Pocket PC from the cradle and select 'File' 'Delete Partnership'. You can then dock and re-create the partnership using your existing device name
nicknick
Regular Visitor

On a Windows 2000 machine you can find the profiles under C:\Documents and Settings\{your logon name}\Application Data\Microsoft\ActiveSync\Profiles

Make a zip file of the folder with your sync name before doing anything else.

You can then delete the folder and then reuse the name, or you can use the 'Darren' route

Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

Thanks for the hints, guys. All sorted now.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: