Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Sat nave worth it?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Sat nave worth it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gps i guess is just another gadget at the end of the day. You may not hardly ever use it, but just once when you most need it the gadget can save your live.

You could have had it for years and not made any use outta it. But in life there always comes these moments where you would wish you had it.
easyrider
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give it another 12 Months and they wiil be a lot cheaper
Trajet
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is a SatNav worth having? Oh yes!! Driving Time & mileage saved since buying an i3 has already paid for itself at least once over and that's in only a fortnight. :D
Roy124
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw an advert for a vert smart Garmin for car PNA at just under £200.
BigR
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roy124 wrote:
I saw an advert for a vert smart Garmin for car PNA at just under £200.

Garmen i3 now £179.99 from argos, is Sat nav worth the money? With enough persuasion i could easily come up with a million excuses as to it not.
Most people buy things because they want to have one and then explain as to why they need it. If you really have to justify if it's worth it then the simple answer is it's not.
Me i don't really need it as 20 odd years of driving without one and there's no real reason why i can't do another without one...

BUT i want one and thats all you need to know if you need an excuse as to is it worth it.

So mine is being picked up after work, and the wife i'll take her some flowers and then ask do you really need them when we have a garden full. Laughing Out Loud
tanda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone, I need sat nav, I don't use it for work, or lochal journeys, but the wife and I like to go off somewhere at the end of the month when I get paid, Just for the day, shopping, sight seeing, etc, and I haven't had my sat nav long, but it was worth the money. I tell the wife, I can't drive and navigate at the same time, I need her to say, "this way, that way, second exit" etc, Many a time I have had to stop, and look at the map to see where we are going, and she hasn't even got it on the right page,Laughing Out Loud. Also, my memory isn't very good. We have friends in Yorkshire, we have visited them twice now, and stayed for the week end, but I couldn't get there from memory. On both occations, we had to phone them for directions, and they met us in their car, part of the way. I'm looking forward to our next trip to Yorkshire, Straight there, without looking at a map. You are the only person to say If sat nav is worth buying, If you don't mind looking at a map the first time you go somewhere, then memorise the route, then you don't need one, but me, I need one.
grayus
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: wifi on PDA Reply with quote

Can anyone recommend a wifi card for my Ipaq 2210 PDA that is easy to install to get onto the internet with,I have been looking on ebuyers web site and price wise there card seems good value for 25 notes, if anyone has a 2210 up and running with a wifi set up i would appreciate some advise thanks;

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ipaq 2210 with tom tom 5.1 rikline 6010 sat receiver amplified mount
astrocompass
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Can anyone recommend a wifi card for my Ipaq 2210 PDA that is easy to install to get onto the internet with

I use a Sandisk CF wifi card which works just fine. One note of caution - if you decide to get one, then DON'T install the drivers from the CD supplied - go to the Sandisk website and download/install the latest drivers. It'll save you a lot of grief! Laughing
grayus
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Wifi Reply with quote

Many thanks will check it out
Dabsy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do 7.5t deliveries country wide and my Medion MDPNA220T + TMC is the best gadget I ever invested in!!! Throw yer soddin map books away...
DAZ :D
Reider
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I weighed all this up for a long time before buying my Acer N35. Now I use it for the usual Sat/Nav plus the added bonus of the Pocket Computer. Many makes and models offer this facility, I can only speak of this one in particular.

I have many upcoming appointments, memory is not brilliant and never has been, usually facilitating loads of notepaper and remembering where I put them. Not any more, the other day I was going to check out some software at home that I`d seen in PC world, before purchase. I scribbled a note in the Pocket Computer, it converted to text at my request. As I passed a shop window I noticed Mothers day was coming up, quick note in the Pocket Computer and added it to my calendar to remind me automagically.

OK, route home, route anywhere else taken care of by Sat/Nav on the same unit. I do a lot of off road cycle riding so the unit comes in handy even if only when I come off the beaten track and wonder where the hell I am. This is not counting the alarm, calculator, email, web-ok via usb, update via computer facilities.

Now, at £199 this has hardly broken the bank and opened up an whole new world to me. I don`t drive a car to be honest, but I do ride a motorcycle and this gives me a lot of added security knowing I can find out where I am at any given moment and find my way home/destination.

Steve
Aitch2
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today - need pay no more than £119.99 for a Garmin i3 from Halfords on price-match.

Great for even those routes you know well - simply ignore the chosen directions - force a recalculation - then see the odd lanes you've never thought to drive down...stimulating.

I'd also echo the comment about 'seeing' the bends ahead of time at night in 3D mapping mode - invaluable.

Aitch
Reider
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like an excellent offer, just been reading the specs. A good in road for anyone starting out and achievable on a budget too. Wouldn`t swap my PDA for it but if looking for a budget setup in a car for occasional use then this would definately get a look in.

Steve
mrgrumpy23
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if you have a PDA or suitable mobile phone SatNav works out cheap enough - just buy the software and aerial

mrgrumpy23 Driving
grayus
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: PCMCIA slot Reply with quote

Is it ok to change cards in the PCMCIA slot whilst my laptop is turned on ? for instance I have my wifi card in it most of the time, but on occasion's I need to use my GPS card. so far I have always turned it off.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: