Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Pocket GPS UK Safety Camera Database
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Pocket GPS UK Safety Camera Database
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lostagain wrote:
Can you explain what:
Var
TBA
Temp
categories are exactly

TBA - To Be Advised. In other words there is not have a speed category for them to go in, yet.

Temp - Temporary. Cameras, usually at roadworks, and not there permanently.

Var - Variable. I haven't asked the question yet, but a shot in the dark would say it's those cameras that can be made to trigger at varying speeds. For example, some of those on the M25.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
lostagain
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, so these are all 24/7 fixed sites, not cars/vans with kit installed.

I noticed for the first time a camera van parked on a bridge at M27 J9 at 9:30pm in the dark. Well I didnt initially see the van, but almost piled into the car in front of me who braked heavily for no obvious reason. It was only because I had a large gap that we didnt have a major accident. So much for safety.
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will also see one on the bridge at J11 at irregular intervals, I did submit both of them as Mobile cameras to this site, they were added and then for some reason removed. The same has happened to other camera location in and around Fareham. They get added then a couple of releases later they have been removed. Now I have given up sending them as it's just a waist of time.
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8
Oldie
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason that they are not included is that I have been informed that they are not used for speed checks. Do you know otherwise?

Richard
lostagain
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The white panel van at J9 had the usual array of cameras pointing out of its window. The van had lights on inside and its window open (hinged up).

They had the same van parked just back from the the hard shoulder at J9 eastbound, just east of the on slipway. In daylight, but still causing lots of sudden braking.

I am surprised they use them in the dark, its only a matter of time before they cause a pile up.

I have noticed the warnings come and go too. But I have seen a number of warnings posted against bridges that have the easily recognised Trafficmaster sensors/cameras fitted and assume these are being wrongly reported as speed cameras.
Oldie
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just had another look at the Hampshire and Isle of Wight Safety Camera Partnership website and there are no mobile camera markers show at M27 J9 and J11. The vans that you see could be number plate recognition systems - but on the other hand the website could be out of date.

Richard
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that there are no markers shown does't mean they don't use that location. Just come back from Bournemouth and exited the M27 at J9 and sat on the bridge facing towards J10 was a mobile Speed camera van.
Looking on the Partnerships site of camera location it was last updated in 2003.
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8
jimbo_hippo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the Which files should i use.txt file it says "asc files.... You tell me!"

Well I'm proud to anounce with my head held high and chin sticking out while panning head from left to right...... "GET ON WITH IT!"...... OK.

There's a program called PoiObserver which I'm running in conjunction with Destinator (since Destinator PN has such a woeful POI system.) and it uses asc files. So there you go. I'm so proud I'm going to treat myself to a creamcake. (note to self: Don't drink wine and post on forums)

Joking aside it would be good to give the proggie a mention as its been done entirely as a freeware app by chaps from a german forum and although its very 'techie' to set up, it does work.

TTFN
Holux GPSslim
iancambs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Camera Database Reply with quote

Fantastic work people. Bought a Garmin C320 with out of date POI information, couple of clicks and fully loaded. Totally refreshing that you don't rely on subscriptions, though would like to think everyone donates every time.

Have read through some of the posts on here and make an assumption that most if not distinguish between the partnership cameras and mobile ANPR units?

Thanks again.
dogdays
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Safety Camera Database Reply with quote

I wish I were more capable with my TTG because the data base still holds many cameras that are no longer in position and I would like to remove them. This is most noticeable on motorways where road works have been finished and the cameras removed. The trouble is that if you receive to many false alarms you start to ignore them.
Ipaq
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: Can you post individual files?? Reply with quote

Hello all,

Thanks for the service ( Database ) & related software it has saved me form a few points over the past couple of years!!

Would it be possible to post the database as individual files? as the firewall at my work blocks all compressed items. I imagine this may be the case for a few of us here...

Thanks in advance.
Manchester
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for not reading through all of the 19 pages, I've found an error at a 50mph speed camera near my house, namely Gatso:0231@50.

It's on the wrong side of the road, correct position but just needs to be mirrored to the opposite side of the road.

Currently
Latitude: 53.4947319
Longitude: -2.296200037
Name: GATSO:0231@50

Should read
Latitude: 53.49486923
Longitude: -2.295870066
Kilmory
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, new user here.
Actually new to everything. I have just bought a TT300 and put you fantastic database on it. Thankyou. What I don't understand is how you update it. Do I just save the new data over the old, or do I delete the old files and reinstal from scratch?

Thanks in anticipation,
Martin
Manchester
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kilmory wrote:
Hello, new user here.
Actually new to everything. I have just bought a TT300 and put you fantastic database on it. Thankyou. What I don't understand is how you update it. Do I just save the new data over the old, or do I delete the old files and reinstal from scratch?

Thanks in anticipation,
Martin

Hiya mate and welcome to the site from a fellow newb Smile

TO answer your question, as the databse is updated, just downloaded and uploaded the file / files that you use on your specific model overwriting the existing database and you will be fully up to date. Easy eh
Kilmory
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much.
At last, something that is as easy as it should be! :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 19 of 22

Jump to: