Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GPSAssist Wishlist
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GPSAssist Wishlist

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: GPSAssist Wishlist Reply with quote

Now that TomTom have released SDK2 to interface directly with new features into TomTom Navigator 2, what features would you like to see appear in GPSAssist ?

Post them here!
Buffy Beagle
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: GPSAssist Wishlist Reply with quote

Obviously, we would like TomTom to do all these itself, but if that's not possible for some reason it would be helpful for GPS Assist to incorporate the following:

1. The ability to locate and navigate to/from places by GB Ordnance Survey grid reference. Formulae to convert grid references to/from latitude/longitude are readily available.

2. The ability to search for a street name without having to enter the town or city name first. This is especially needed because of TomTom's rather haphazard ideas as to which towns or villages particular streets are located in!

3. A proper postcode look up. Autoroute can do it. Online mappers like streetmap and multimap can do it. Even a free route planning program given away on a PC magazine cover disc several years ago can do it. I don't understand why TomTom can't do it. Surely the GPS Assist programmer(s) would find the task trivial. (If the cost of a licence to incorporate full postcode data means a small increase in the price, perhaps that's something we'd be happy to pay for.)

4. The ability to search for a particular word in all categories of points of interest. For example, at the moment you have to know that Blenheim Palace is categorised as a Tourist Attraction in order to be able to find it, when you might think it would come under Stately Homes or Country Houses or whatever. You shouldn't need to know the category in order to be able to find the particular place.

Buff and Hugh
RogerB
Occasional Visitor

Hi all

Using GPSAssist with TT Nav 2 on an XDA.

I agree strongly that a Postcode entry option would be great. As B&H say some of Tom Tom's ideas as to where places are are a bit strange. Furthermore if the postcode imput source was also linked to Outlook then it would take it direct from contacts and fill in the blanks CORRECTLY unlike most of the time at present!

Rog
devulderj
Frequent Visitor

All,

I will certainly look at all possible options where location lookup is concerned.

Cheers,

Jo.

NigelJ
Regular Visitor

When setting a multiple visit list (P to P) in GPSAssist I would like to be able demonstate the WHOLE of the route in TTN2 and not just the start to first place to visit. If you try, the demo just loops itself on the first place named.

Nigel
genghisackroyd
Occasional Visitor

1. An English phrase 'You're exceeding the speed limit' or 'Too fast' wav file. I believe this comment was made in another forum thread but I think it's worth repeating. Unlike Dave I cannot locate another WAV file that will do. The dutch/german (its not that audible!) phrase has not been changed.

2. Postcode navigation

3. Steet-name navigation - (my mother now lives In Maltby, (near Rotherham) in Stockton-on-Tees???)

4. A selection 'radio button' that globally selects MPH & Miles or KPH & kilometres.

5. A method by which your contacts addresses can easliy be selcted as a destination.

Chris

PDA Current: iPAQ hx4700 + Co-Pilot Live/TomTom 2, 3 & 5 + Fortuna Clip-On + 512Mb Ultra ii SD + 256Mb SD + Brodit Active Mount

PDA History: iPAQs (2210 <-- 3970) <-- Palms (M515 <-- M505)
Dave
Frequent Visitor

You can create your own voice files by using AT&T Natural Natural Voices
king
Occasional Visitor

I managed to use the voice recorder function on the ipaq to record new sounds for Tom Tom as these are also .wav files then copied them into the tom tom directory if any is still stuck
king
Occasional Visitor

I don't know if anyone else has found this and I know it isn't exactly crucial to the running of gps assist but, when I install gps assist it puts a white background on the start menu and removes any customised background you have. Is there a way round this or is this really just too picky!
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

king,

Your latter problem is having too many items in the Start Menu. Remove one item from the Start Menu to Programs (using the Menus option in the first tab of Settings) and your coloured background will return.

David
king
Occasional Visitor

doh! nice one mate
tedkay
Regular Visitor

I would be nice to disable or alter the 300m auto-visited feature in point-to-point. This feature is very frustrating when navigating to several street adressess because it jumps to the next stage before you've reached the first one. 300m is fine if you're simply going from town to town, but for local streets 300m is usually well before you reach your target address, and renders the feature useless. All it needs is the option to reduce the 300m.

Good program though!
Mark G
Occasional Visitor

I'd like an on screen way to adjust the background brightness, perhaps a full screen slider or just dim, middle and bright button options.

Also a repeated signal when you are above the set speed limit to replace the once off audible warning.

Cheers, Mark
freeshares
Occasional Visitor

I would like to see

Way of navigating multiple maps, If i have say the france and spain map installed on my cf card i would like a way of doing point 2 point over the border.

Is this some thing that is possible in a future version?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: