Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigator 2.05 and GPS Assist 1.33
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigator 2.05 and GPS Assist 1.33

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bilko
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Navigator 2.05 and GPS Assist 1.33 Reply with quote

I am trying to get Navigator 2.05(329) and GPS Assist 1.3 (3) to work together with no great success. The programmes both seem to be running, I can switch between them using the hardware buttons and Navigator navigates beautifully, but... no contributions from GPS Assist. I can't seem to get the speed limit to pop up, or the POI detector to detect anything. However Night Colours seem to work. They are running on a Toshiba E740 with the maps stored on a 128Mb SD card.
Mark G
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Navigator 2.05 and GPS Assist 1.33 Reply with quote

Bilko

It is not clear whether or not you have activated the POI's from within the GPSAssist POI Manager. This needs to be doen before GPSAssist will give notifications.

Mark
Dave
Frequent Visitor

I've noticed what I think is a bug, but I wouldn't think it would be.

I've noticed if you have an OV2 loaded and GPSAssist is working fine, if you upgrade to a newer version of GPSAssist although the POI shows on the map in TTN2, GPSAssist fails to notify you verbally. I think this might be the same problem you are experiencing.

If you create a NEW OV2 file in GPSAssist Manager, and then import the old OV2 into the new one, setup all the notifications, tell it to synch with TomTom Navigator, and then once completed activate it, it works until you upgrade TomTom Navigator.

I'm not sure what's causing this for me, and I can't see why TomTom Navigator would be causing this problem, but this is what I've had to do several times now to resolve this issue on multiple Pocket PC's.
bilko
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for the comments, but the next time I ran up the software it all worked perfectly. I'm not sure what chaged overnight, but anyway I'm a happy man now. The two programmes are fantastically useful to me.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: