Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT5 Upgrade. Are the Europe Maps Fully Enabled ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT5 Upgrade. Are the Europe Maps Fully Enabled ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Golfer
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: TT5 Upgrade. Are the Europe Maps Fully Enabled ? Reply with quote

As the TT5 upgrades seem to be being shipped now, can someone confirm that the Europe maps that come on the CD can be enabled without any additional cost.

I know that TomTom say thay are part of the upgrade, just want to make sure there's no catch Wink My order is in the 5547xx range, so I have a while to wait.

Thanks in advance.
proeliator2001
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've put on the UK and Italy with no problems - in fact I only had to activate the GB maps and when I put Italy on it never asked for any activation so I assume each new map from the CD set will go on without further requests for activation.

Still cant get the postcodes to work though and there isnt any POIs for italy either Rolling Eyes
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you get an sd card or is it just cd's?

there is a reply in the Didi you upgrade ship..... that has a tomtom reply suggesting an sd card may be included - this is at odds with the web site.

Hope you can clarify

cheers

Ian
rinkrat
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mate

It was me Tom tom told I would receive both SD Card and CDs !

Dont know whether to believe it though !

My upgrade is Partially shipped so will let eveyone know when I receive it !

Must admit i wasnt expecting an SD card only CDs. But that is what they told me when I questioned what patially shipped meant on the phone with them !

We will just have to wait and see !

They said the SD card only contained your base country and the other maps were on the CDs

Rinkrat
SimonCatlin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rinkrat wrote:

They said the SD card only contained your base country and the other maps were on the CDs

Rinkrat

If it was like the old European maps, then the base country will be on there as well....
proeliator2001
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No SD card is included but you get the application on a CD and 6 map CD's - Havent found the new Eastern European maps (cant be arsed to email TT about it as I doubt I'll ever visit) but it's got all the usual suspects. Once one is activated it seems the rest go straight in without asking for anything else (guess the activation code knows it allows all maps).

Still can't get postcodes to work (3 digit search still Rolling Eyes ) but, as a TTN2 user, it seems a damn site better though the map data is still missing the road my wife works on and its been there well over 3 years!

Overall, for the European maps alone, it seems worth while to upgrade, more so when coming from TTN2 as the street/city lookup is significantly faster and the routing seems a little better to me, though that may be because I can't change the road speeds so TTN2 planned my routes to my driving speeds (I mean, it has a speed of 33 mph in built up area yet only 52 on country roads Rolling Eyes - run a demo route and you'll see what I mean)
julianbarker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I drive regularly using TT4 which TT5 is based on. I have recently been to Apeldoorn from London and back all driven by TT (Ironic I know!). I found the TT speeds very realistic. Times were usually accurate on both long and short journeys. I usually arrive 2 to 5 minutes early, which sems ideal. The speeds seem based on the amount of congestion on roads - saying you do 80 on Motorways is pointless if you travel on the M25 in rush hours for example.

This was demonstrated recently when on Saturday night TT4 said it would take 26 minutes to get from the end of the roadworks on the Western side of the M25 to Wimbledon. That would make me 7 minutes late for Dr Who! Without speding at all, I got home with two minutes to spare - but traffic was very light - in normal traffic conditions, TT is probably right for the M25/A3 journey I did.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: