Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed Carmera PoI for TT
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed Carmera PoI for TT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
malar67
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Speed Carmera PoI for TT Reply with quote

Hi all,

I probable being think here but how do I get the Speed Carmer Poi into TT 2.02 I have seached my PockPC for *.ov2 files and cant find any others. I cant see any tools that will let me import it onto the Ipaq ??

Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Speed Carmera PoI for TT Reply with quote

first you need to download our speedcamera database. This will give you a .bmp (the icon file) and a .ov2 (the data) file. Copy both of these via explorer and place them in the map directory on your PPC. Then in TTnav, access the POI options page and you will see a new POI entry for POCKETGPS_GATSO (or soemthing like that!) Ensure this is ticked and you will see the Gatso icon when you approach a camera that we know of.

if you install a POI warning utility such as Checkpoit or GPSAssist you can then receive audible and visual alerts as you approach these sites and can record the locations of new cameras for submission to us. We then compile these submissions, check them for errors and add them to the next release of the database. Similarly, if you come across a location marked as a gatso site but the camera has been removed, switch to map view, click the camera icon and note it's unique ID, email this to us with a note and we will remove it.
APK1
Regular Visitor

HELP !!!

I've downloaded the POI database but cant get it to unzip, I suspect I have awrong setting somewhere anyone help ?

Tony
Darren
Frequent Visitor

What happens when you try to unzip it?
APK1
Regular Visitor

It wants to add the file to an archive, but then won't let me, I have a suspicion it is trying to associate it with the wrong programme to open ?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

The simplest solution would be to reinstall Winzip which will reset the file associations. Get Wizip 8.1 here.
APK1
Regular Visitor

I think I have now managed to extraxt, have copied to "\Storage Card\Great_Britain Navigator Map" but still not working, files still seem to have a zip logo ?, have tried downloading speedcamera info from Tomtom but is asking me which program to open with ?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

You should have copied two files a .bmp (the icon for the POI) and a .ov2 (the POI data)? If you have done this correctly the new POI Database will appear as an option in the POI list and you can tick to allow it to be displayed on maps?
APK1
Regular Visitor

Both the files are showing in the folder mentioned above, should they have gone into one of the files within that folder, the CheckPOint file still appears to be zipped, if I try to open from the IPAQ file it says no application associated with it ?
APK1
Regular Visitor

Looks like now working, received Emtac bluetooth today, should get up and running tomorrow, thanks for your help Darren.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: